Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2199057 - 11/26/18 09:09 PM Businesses with video gaming machines
Sunshine Offline
New Poster
I'm interested in finding out if other FI's identify businesses with video gaming machines and what type of monitoring you do for them. Personally I think it would be very difficult to try to identify them since so many businesses have them now. And if you do, what do you look for. Make sure they are registered with the state? What else would you look for? I was asked if we should be doing any additional monitoring for them but I can't recall ever hearing anything about monitoring businesses just for having some video gaming machines. I'm not talking about businesses where there main source of income is revenue from video gaming, I'm talking about the local pub or convenience store that may have a couple of machines.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2199538 - 11/30/18 05:26 PM Re: Businesses with video gaming machines Sunshine
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
The best way to identify business with gaming machines is to visit your higher risk customers. The machines are usually located in C-stores, bars, restaurants, etc that are already on your high risk list and should have site visits. Your state probably has an online list of who has licenses that you could use to verify that they are registered.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z