Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2199806 - 12/04/18 07:33 PM Beneficial Ownership with POA for LLC Entity Owner
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
We have an LLC where the majority owner is in long term care and has given POA to her personal representative. The Operating Agreement still lists her as the owner with 90+% ownership and we have a copy of the POA. Do we list her as the entity owner and conduct the verification the POA? Or do we list the POA only and treat the id info and verification like we would for a fiduciary account?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2199885 - 12/05/18 04:36 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership with POA for LLC Entity Owner Dani York, CRCM
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The attorney-in-fact is not the owner. He or she is the owner's agent, plain and simple.

The owner is listed, and the attorney-in-fact will have to provide the owner's identifying information.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2199899 - 12/05/18 05:21 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership with POA for LLC Entity Owner Dani York, CRCM
ComplianceNewbie Offline
New Poster
John's answer is correct; however, I would question the ability of the POA to act for the LLC if the POA is for the owner in an individual capacity.

Return to Top
#2199909 - 12/05/18 06:16 PM Re: Beneficial Ownership with POA for LLC Entity Owner Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thank you both.

Return to Top
#2200191 - 12/08/18 01:04 AM Re: Beneficial Ownership with POA for LLC Entity Owner Dani York, CRCM
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
That's true, Compliance Newbie. There's really no "action" the owner (or his/her AIF needs to take here). The important point is that the owner's information will be required on the BOC.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z