Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2201485 - 12/26/18 08:42 PM Rate Lock Expiring
ynot Offline
Florida
We have a situation where our rate lock is expiring on Friday Dec. 28th. We just received the clear to close and customer wants to close on Monday Dec. 31st. Can we extend the interest rate after the initial CD is issued? We will be issuing initial CD today.

Thank you for your assistance.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2201486 - 12/26/18 08:49 PM Re: Rate Lock Expiring ynot
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What interest rate you make the loan at is a business decision. I assume you don't have an expiring lock with an investor.

Return to Top
#2201488 - 12/26/18 09:17 PM Re: Rate Lock Expiring ynot
ynot Offline
Florida
No, this is a portfolio loan.
We will honor the existing interest rate and will not charge a rate lock related fee. We will be issuing the initial CD today, on Friday the rate lock will expire, we will process a rate lock extension, therefore can we capture the rate lock extension in the final CD for closing on Monday?

Return to Top
#2201489 - 12/26/18 09:22 PM Re: Rate Lock Expiring ynot
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure why you just don't get the extension out of the way with the initial CD, but you must have your reasons.

Return to Top
#2201490 - 12/26/18 09:32 PM Re: Rate Lock Expiring ynot
ynot Offline
Florida
We have never had this situation so close to closing and in between initial CD issuance and closing date. wasn't sure this was possible. We normally send an extension agreement to borrower as of the expiration date, they sign and send it back and we extend interest rate and reissue a revised LE.
thanks RLCarey

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z