Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2203300 - 01/17/19 05:11 PM Is dispute still disputed if customer states maybe
scb2011 Offline
Gold Star
TN
Our customer disputed 2 POS transactions at a local grocery she frequently makes POS purchase transactions. The husband incorrectly told the wife the charges were from another state. We think he googled the phone number on the transaction listing, however the charges were at the local grocery. When the bank contacted the customer to get more information we told her that the charges were not from that state, but instead were made at the particular local grocery she normally shops at. She then stated "I may have made them, I am not sure." When asked if she still wanted to dispute the transactions she said yes.

Does what she said clear the bank of having to investigate, in other words mean that there was no error?
Or must we still treat this as reported fraudulent transactions requiring an investigation under Reg E?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2203507 - 01/20/19 08:19 PM Re: Is dispute still disputed if customer states maybe scb2011
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
"When asked if she still wanted to dispute the transactions she said yes."

How would that clear the bank of having to investigate a claim?

Consumers have legal rights and risky interpretations depriving them of those rights gets banks in trouble. Review the recent penalties against USAA for bad acts and practices which went back several years.

It certainly gets you closer to an outcome, and I'd compare how long it takes to do your investigation (i.e. its cost) to the profitability of the account and determine if these customers still need debit cards.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z