Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2203409 - 01/18/19 04:20 PM How to report occupancy on this one
laf0915 Offline
100 Club
Loan to purchase 80 acres with an older home on it. Customer plans on constructing a new home on this property within the next few years. They do not plan on using the old home and may possibly be tearing it down. I initially thought I would report as 2nd residence, however, now I am thinking it should possibly be investment. Not really sure and would appreciate any advice.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2203412 - 01/18/19 04:25 PM Re: How to report occupancy on this one laf0915
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
I think you need more information on what the plans for the current "home" are. I don't think the future construction matters unless your current loan somehow funds it. If the current structure will be used as a home, or held for sale, i'd report it. If they plan to tear it down (i'd want a little more than "we MIGHT tear it down"), use it for storage, etc.......i wouldn't report.

This has been a hot topic over the last few years (the look-forward or look-back thing i guess you'd call it), so if you want support for the opposite view, i'm sure you'll get it.

Return to Top
#2203413 - 01/18/19 04:30 PM Re: How to report occupancy on this one laf0915
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Oh...i just re-read your question.....my answer is in regards to WHETHER to report or not, not how to report the occupancy.

Return to Top
#2203416 - 01/18/19 04:34 PM Re: How to report occupancy on this one laf0915
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
If you decide to report, then for the occupancy....they either intend to spend time in it as a secondary residence or they don't. If they don't, then you'd have to code it as investment.

Return to Top