Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2204874 - 02/01/19 11:58 PM eWire Policy
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
We re getting ready to offer eWire. I am looking to not re-create the wheel and would like to ask if someone has a sample policy they would be willing to share? TIA!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2204889 - 02/02/19 01:44 PM Re: eWire Policy Lele
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You might have to define what you mean by eWire???

Return to Top
#2204901 - 02/04/19 02:20 PM Re: eWire Policy Lele
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
Thought this was a universal term but I am just becoming involved...eWire is a wire transfer processing service that features real-time integration with the Federal Reserve which allows for outgoing wires - from inception to approval - to go through our processor. This would still be accepted, validated, checked for OFAC and then approved. Entries would automatically generate. incoming wires would just post straight from the FED with the appropriate entries.

The customer comes into the branch and the wire is keyed directly into the system again real-time. Whereas now, the wire comes through the Wire Department who verifies and then sends.

Return to Top
#2204906 - 02/04/19 02:36 PM Re: eWire Policy Lele
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Wouldn't your policies be developed after the process is fully analyzed and your risk assessment is completed? What you might choose as your risk mitigation processes may be totally different from another bank. Plus, since this is a sensitive high risk area, I am not sure that another bank is willingly going to share their policies or procedures.

Return to Top
#2204907 - 02/04/19 02:36 PM Re: eWire Policy Lele
HappyGilmore Online
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
our wire policy and corresponding procedures are likely a tad too long to share, but here are some things to think of:

one person keys and off it goes, no secondary verification of accuracy? or that a rogue employee is not wiring from a near-dormant account? what checks and balances will you have in place? NSF verification prior to sending? Will all employees have this ability? will you have dollar limits in place for employees to originate?

Return to Top
#2204908 - 02/04/19 02:38 PM Re: eWire Policy Lele
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
Ideas - thanks Happy.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z