Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2206935 - 02/22/19 10:36 PM Location of the Onine Banking Logon on Website
Compliance504 Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
This is totally out of my area of knowledge but I have been asked to see what I can find out…..I hope I explain well enough what it is I need help with….

Our website is being upgraded by an advertising agency and from what I understand they will be handling our website going forward…..the agency had some security questions revolving around the login to our online banking portal…..

The login to our online banking portal has always been directly accessed from the homepage of our website…the ad agency is trying to decide if it should collect the login information on the homepage which will now be their site and then pass that to the Online Banking vendor OR use a generic login that takes customers to the Online Banking vendor’s site and have customer’s enter their login information there…..

The preference of Mgmt is to keep the login on the homepage so customers do not bookmark the login only and bypass seeing the website (marketing reasons)…but they are mindful that there might be risks involved….the marketing website is definitely not built to the same security standards as the Online Banking portal is……

Can anyone please direct me to anything that might help us make this decision…..or share some knowledge on this…..

Thanks in advance!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2206946 - 02/23/19 10:20 PM Re: Location of the Onine Banking Logon on Website Compliance504
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In my mind security comes first. In the vendor isn't up to required levels, I'd r-route the consumer but if they have to log in twice, they will get upset.

In the past it was a known problem to have a banks homepage spoofed with the online banking logon there, and the scammers would capture the credentials. I don't recall all the specifics but IT should be involved to avoid problems.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2207006 - 02/25/19 05:42 PM Re: Location of the Onine Banking Logon on Website Compliance504
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted By Compliance504

….the marketing website is definitely not built to the same security standards as the Online Banking portal is……

Thanks in advance!

There's the answer to your question. No way would I allow a customer to log into e-banking on any site but through our on-line banking service on our website.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z