Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2206723 - 02/21/19 07:58 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
Maggie80 Offline
that's me- Questsoft - and it's stuck. I am going to try your suggestions- clear Cache and restart.
I knew I could come here and get some help- thank you. Will let you know if it goes.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2206726 - 02/21/19 08:12 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
Maggie80 Offline
well, no go- and now when I go to sign in to the CFPB for HMDA log in - it has Page not found -

It should not have to be this hard.

Return to Top
#2206734 - 02/21/19 08:45 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
solbrillante Offline
solbrillante
I am hoping some of you who were successful can provide some help. I emailed the CFPB and I keep getting back canned responses of what to do, yet it seems they are not reading my email.

Our LAR is small, so we used the CFPB formatting tool to create the file. I also used the file verification tool and I received no errors. I also already cleared the cache. I verified there were no commas in the file, no spaces, the right alphanumeric or integer item, and everything else I could think of. I also tried both Internet Explorer and Chrome. When I try to upload, it immediately gives me an error and it says "An error occurred while submitting the data.". I don't know what else to tried, and I've already tried what the CFPB said.

Any ideas? Those of you who had many errors and believe that was the reason, should I focus on a particular field. We are not reporting many of the fields because of the exemption, so we have a lot of exempt and 1111.

Thanks

Return to Top
#2206739 - 02/21/19 08:51 PM Re: Submission Problems Maggie80
solbrillante Offline
solbrillante
Maggie,

It's working now. It works when it wants to. I still can't upload though.

Return to Top
#2206785 - 02/22/19 02:14 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
solbrillante Offline
solbrillante
I was finally able to submit the LAR. The CFPB formatting tool has an error in design. Cell A17 is not formatted like the rest, and the field doesn't wrap, causing the pipe delimited file to be incorrect. I emailed the CFPB to let them know and see if they can fix it. I wonder how many others have the same issue. I fixed mine, but this was after looking at over 3,000 cells to find the discrepancy. Unbelievable.

Return to Top
#2206795 - 02/22/19 02:50 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
"Cell A17 is not formatted like the rest"

I had no issues filing and I did not have to change the formatting for A17.

Return to Top
#2206802 - 02/22/19 03:25 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
solbrillante Offline
solbrillante
Hi Dan.

That's strange. That was the only thing different in the file. Once I corrected the formatting to match everything else, the file had no issues. I downloaded the blank spreadsheet and send screenshots to the CFPB, showing the format difference. I wish we had the old FFIEC application. It was so much easier.

Return to Top
#2206803 - 02/22/19 03:34 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Cell A17 is a free form text formatted wrap alignment field for you to enter your LEI . I would have to suspect the field's format somehow got changed by whomever entered the data. I'm not saying that as a fact but if it was a formatting error from the CFPB then I would have to think everyone trying to file would have had the same issue.

Return to Top
#2206807 - 02/22/19 03:46 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I downloaded the blank spreadsheet and send screenshots to the CFPB, showing the format difference

I just downloaded the blank form and cell A17 is not marked as a wrap alignment field. So I'm curious why I didn't have an issue....I don't remember changing the field format.....hmmmmmmm…..At least you know you weren't imagining things.... smile

Return to Top
#2206830 - 02/22/19 04:53 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
solbrillante Offline
solbrillante
Dan, you made me laugh. Yes, I knew it wasn't me. That's why I went back to the blank one to see if I made a mistake and be 100% sure before I emailed the CFPB. I am pretty comfortable using these files, and I knew there was an error somewhere, because the pipe delimited file had blank spaces. But once I changed the format, I had no problems submitting. So who knows. But I wanted to share in case another person had the same issue. And even though I am comfortable with the files, it still terrifies me that simply clicking backspace by accident could remove a field in the LAR or change it to something else. It is nice that they offered the formatting tool for smaller institutions, but there is so much room for error. I was paranoid when submitting, just making sure I didn't click anything on the final spreadsheet.

Return to Top
#2206831 - 02/22/19 04:55 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
I agree, there is so much room for error. One simple click can remove something, and you wouldn't know.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2206937 - 02/22/19 11:27 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
I can't even get us registered on their website OR get a password reset. :mad:

Return to Top
#2207027 - 02/25/19 07:27 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
My submission has been stuck on 'validating edits' for nearly an hour and a half.

Return to Top
#2207032 - 02/25/19 07:50 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
QuestSoft Users take note - QuestSoft sent out an email on Friday at 3:00pm that included what to do if your submission is stuck. I was using Internet Explorer which the submission platform doesn't like. Switched to Chrome (Firefox was the other recommended choice) and my submission was loaded and gone in a flash.

Return to Top
#2207036 - 02/25/19 08:07 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Why does Internet Explorer still exist? It's like watching TV with a scratchy reception and rabbit ears.

Return to Top
#2207062 - 02/25/19 10:51 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
We switched our submission over the Chrome and it worked almost instantly.

Return to Top
#2207083 - 02/26/19 01:56 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Yep - I tried again this morning with Chrome and it went right through.

Return to Top
#2207108 - 02/26/19 04:21 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
yay! Glad it worked for you both.

raitch, internet explorer is our bank's choice, not mine. fwiw, the gubmint using firefox or chrome is just as questionable in their eyes.

Return to Top
#2207113 - 02/26/19 04:50 PM Re: Submission Problems JWills, CRCM
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
TR, it's our choice here too.....and to me it's like choosing a 12 inch, black and white, rabbit ear TV over a modern big screen with HD.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2