Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2207141 - 02/26/19 06:44 PM Excel Send to Outlook
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
So I got a good one for you fellow tech types.

I have a user on one of the new 64 bit Win10 Pro PC running Office 2016 and after she gets done doing her daily edits on an Excel file she does the Send to Outlook so she can Email to the branches and then bam. It just spins and spins. No lockup no nothing. And if she calls me I find a popup behind the other apps asking her to hit OK asking her to please setup a Outlook Profile for this user. She of course has a profile already she has been using for years. It will work fine if she saves the file to her PC and the pastes it into a Email that way but that takes extra time and she is not overly PC savvy so she will not often forget where she saves the file but it happens. So to speed her daily efforts, and reduce my calls, the Send to option is the best option. smile

Anyone else run into this and find the solution already? I looked at the PCs performance in Task Manager during the spinning and nothing is slowing the PC it really is just waiting on that popup it seems.

If I find the solution before I get a response I will post what I find.

Thanks

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2208937 - 03/18/19 07:10 PM Re: Excel Send to Outlook Wolfy
Soonergal Offline
Did you find a solution? If not, why try not putting the email icon on the user's Quck Access Toolbar? This way, it doesn't matter where she saves the file if she doesn't close the file before emailing it.

Return to Top
#2208976 - 03/18/19 11:15 PM Re: Excel Send to Outlook Wolfy
fmissle Offline
Diamond Poster
Pac NW
Click the circle at the bottom of their desktop
Enter "Default Apps"
Select "Default Apps"
At the top, you can select for E-mail, Make sure it says "Outlook" and not "Mail"

See if that works.

Return to Top
#2208978 - 03/18/19 11:45 PM Re: Excel Send to Outlook Wolfy
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
In Outlook 2016, in the outgoing email window she should get a list of recently opened documents when she clicks the "Attach File" button (as long as she has the ribbon visible).

Return to Top
#2211161 - 04/15/19 10:19 PM Re: Excel Send to Outlook fmissle
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By fmissle
Click the circle at the bottom of their desktop
Enter "Default Apps"
Select "Default Apps"
At the top, you can select for E-mail, Make sure it says "Outlook" and not "Mail"

See if that works.

I'm glad I read this, I recently upgraded (if you can call it that) to Windows 10 Office 2016 and I've noticed this a couple of times, but not enough to bother looking into it.

Also, I second the method mentioned above by GuitarDude, this is really great and probably the only thing I've been enjoying about the new Office.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z