Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2207496 - 02/28/19 11:19 PM Selling Greyhound tkts @ Gas Station
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
We have a convenience store that will be selling Greyhound bus tickets so they want to open an account just for this. They will earn 10% off of each ticket. Greyhound will debit their account. Thoughts? Thanks!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2207499 - 02/28/19 11:23 PM Re: Selling Greyhound tkts @ Gas Station Lele
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
None - what are yours - sounds similar to some States that require a convenience store to have lottery sales segregated.

Return to Top
#2207500 - 02/28/19 11:28 PM Re: Selling Greyhound tkts @ Gas Station Lele
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
When first discussed it sounded like a TPPP- Providing a payment processing service to a business entity. After more information was provided it still just didn't sound right. In comparison to Lottery which is through the state, I see why that would be normal service provided to convenience store customers.

Return to Top
#2207501 - 02/28/19 11:36 PM Re: Selling Greyhound tkts @ Gas Station Lele
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would probably just shrug my shoulders unless thousands of dollars started to flow through the account. Plus you should be able to verify it is Greyhound debiting the account. I mean I guess you could ask for a copy of their contract - but at this point in time I would not get too excited about it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z