BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2253317 - 04/30/21 10:24 PM Re: denied/counteroffer mtg loan application pjs
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Im resurrecting this thread as I am having the same question and this was absolutely fantastic to read through.

I have always taken the conservative approach as well. I agree that it is required under FCRA if based on a consumer report - and is debatable whether required under Reg B. I believe that it would be required for a removed (denied) applicant for the reasons others have stated.

Has there been any updates to your opinions the last couple of years? Thanks gurus!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2253324 - 05/01/21 03:57 PM Re: denied/counteroffer mtg loan application pjs
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
No changes in opinion here. The conservative way that avoids potential criticism is to just send the AA Notice. That said, if you forgot to send one, I think David's points still offer a valid argument (assuming FCRA doesn't also apply) as a Hail Mary to argue with auditors/examiners and potentially avoid a violation/finding.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2253344 - 05/03/21 02:19 PM Re: denied/counteroffer mtg loan application pjs
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Thanks Adam. Have always followed the conservative route. Thanks!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z