Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2203381 - 01/18/19 02:24 PM Facebook Photo!
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Quick question!! My marketing coordinator has a picture of 3 employees accepting an award at a local high school gymnasium. She is wanting to post the picture on Facebook. The 3 employees have signed a photo release form. However, there are tons of people in the background, the majority of which are high school aged kids. I know usually there isn't a problem with photos that are taken in public and people may appear in the background, but I wasn't sure since the majority of these people are kids, if this would be a problem? A couple of the students are looking straight at the camera. Should we go ahead and post the picture or not?

Thanks!

Return to Top
Marketing
#2203411 - 01/18/19 04:23 PM Re: Facebook Photo! Bankwoman1
mtngrrl Offline
Platinum Poster
mtngrrl
Northern California
I wouldn't. Our marketing manager is really careful when taking pictures for social media to make sure that bystanders are out of the frame, and any members of the public who are included are provided release forms to sign.

Return to Top
#2203417 - 01/18/19 04:34 PM Re: Facebook Photo! Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thanks for your response mtngrrl! I did ask her to try and blur the background enough that nobody would be recognizable. I'm waiting to see the updated photo. If I don't feel like it does enough, then I will probably let her know not to post it.

Thanks again!!

Return to Top
#2209838 - 03/29/19 02:45 AM Re: Facebook Photo! Bankwoman1
terpsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
What about sharing a post that another organization posted?
Last edited by terpsfan; 03/29/19 02:46 AM.
Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker