Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2209890 - 03/29/19 05:51 PM Facebook and LinkedIn Pages
Tiffany Offline
New Poster
I am working on updating the social media accounts for the bank I work at. I am posting on Facebook and LinkedIn. We are hoping to be more connected to the community in this way. However, we are not making as many connections on LinkedIn as we had hoped. Do you have any recommendations or success stories with LinkedIn/Facebook?

Thank you!!!

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2209898 - 03/29/19 06:32 PM Re: Facebook and LinkedIn Pages Tiffany
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i have found that Linkedin as a business contact source is very poor. the recommendations for contacts are almost all people i either work with now or have worked with in the past, way too many recruiters, and cumbersome to navigate to find anything of value. i would definitely not call this a success story...lol

Last edited by HappyGilmore; 03/29/19 06:33 PM.

Return to Top
#2209954 - 04/01/19 01:41 PM Re: Facebook and LinkedIn Pages Tiffany
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I don't see LinkedIn as a platform to find consumers. If you were wanting to connect with other bankers, it would be good, but not nearly as good for consumers. It probably doesn't hurt to have a LinkedIn account for your bank, but I doubt it would bring numbers similar to FB or Twitter so I personally wouldn't put much effort into the account. If you are looking to expand your reach on FB, there are plenty of valuable resources on the internet on how to do so.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2210441 - 04/05/19 01:34 PM Re: Facebook and LinkedIn Pages Tiffany
Lori01 Offline
100 Club
VT
I know I never look at company pages on LinkedIn but I do look at individual employee pages of people I might do business with. I want to see how experienced they are and what their background is. Maybe spend your efforts to help employees beef up their pages.

For Facebook, the key is to get a number of followers. A great way to do this is to partner with a nonprofit. Find one that has lots of followers then do something with them that will get them to promote having their followers like your page.

Example: for every new follower XYZ Bank gets between April 1 and April 30, we will donate $2 to the ABC Humane Society.

Then get ABC to promote it on their page. You can even pick an organization you were going to donate to anyway so it doesn't really "cost" anything.
Anything with pet pictures or baby pictures does really well too....

Return to Top
#2210445 - 04/05/19 01:50 PM Re: Facebook and LinkedIn Pages Lori01
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
Originally Posted By Lori01
Anything with pet pictures or baby pictures does really well too....

Bonus points if you say "doggo" or "pupper" in the pet pictures grin

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry