Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2210653 - 04/09/19 01:41 PM Closing Delayed after CD Issued
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
We were set to close last Friday. The CD had been properly delivered. Customer delayed the closing without setting a new date. Today, he calls and says he's ready to close now (today). Of course the CD date needs to be updated along with small changes in the numbers. Are we now required to wait at least until tomorrow as long as we give him the opportunity to review it today? Or can we simply close today? I've not ever seen this covered in any timing scenarios.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2210654 - 04/09/19 01:51 PM Re: Closing Delayed after CD Issued NU Rhules
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Unless there is some State law requirement, a CD only has to be available for review by the consumer one day prior to closing upon request. There is no specific requirement that they actually review it.

Return to Top
#2210658 - 04/09/19 02:04 PM Re: Closing Delayed after CD Issued NU Rhules
NU Rhules Offline
Gold Star
NU Rhules
SE, Nebraska
Thanks RL! I take that you mean, the guidance is saying that any changes to the CD (like what I describe - date, small numbers changes associated with the date change), fall into the definition of Inaccurate. So we wait until tomorrow. Sigh. My advice to the loan officer is to pick a new date and plan on it next time.

Return to Top
#2210661 - 04/09/19 02:59 PM Re: Closing Delayed after CD Issued NU Rhules
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
YOu don't have to wait unless, as Randy states, the customer specifically requests it.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top