Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2211515 - 04/18/19 03:28 PM Board Minutes Audit
EuphegeniaDoubtfire Offline
Hello everyone,
I was just curious if anyone has done an audit on the Board minutes and what you looked for. I've googled templates and chatted with my supervisor about this but we can't seem to come up with a good plan for this one. It seems like this is something so easy that it's silly to even report. Any ideas out there or experiences you can share?
Thank you,

Return to Top
Audit
#2211519 - 04/18/19 03:38 PM Re: Board Minutes Audit EuphegeniaDoubtfire
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
What are you auditing for/why are you auditing?

Return to Top
#2211526 - 04/18/19 05:03 PM Re: Board Minutes Audit EuphegeniaDoubtfire
Honestly, it was just on the list of audits from the previous auditor but it had not been done yet. I heard it was a recommendation from examiners that it is something we need to look at but I am not sure of their thinking. I'm just wondering if all I need to do is verify that minutes were recorded for each Board meeting and that's it..

Return to Top
#2211532 - 04/18/19 06:15 PM Re: Board Minutes Audit EuphegeniaDoubtfire
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
Here is what I would recommend. If you want to do a governance audit perform one. Take the charter from the board and the respective committees of the board and determine if they are covering the items the charters say they will cover. This may include reviewing the agenda and supporting documents presented at the board.

Also you might attend a couple of these committee meetings to determine if the minutes actually reflect what was performed in the meeting.

Return to Top
#2211541 - 04/18/19 06:41 PM Re: Board Minutes Audit EuphegeniaDoubtfire
We only have the Board of Directors, no committees. We are a smaller institution so it's all one group. That would sure make it easier. Thank you for the response!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z