Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2211528 - 04/18/19 05:31 PM FHA Title I Loans - RESPA Homeownership List
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone know if the 1024.20 requirements related to the homeownership counseling requirements would apply to FHA Title I loans? The program guidelines state "Housing counseling is not required for participation in the program." Nothing we could find in the documentation says it is required. However, I don't see it as explicitly exempt under RESPA. Anyone have any thoughts?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2211544 - 04/18/19 06:48 PM Re: FHA Title I Loans - RESPA Homeownership List Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Homeowner's counseling is not required on 99.999% of loans for which you are required to deliver the disclosure. What does a Title I have to do with the delivery of the list?

#2211603 - 04/19/19 01:17 PM Re: FHA Title I Loans - RESPA Homeownership List Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree it's not required. However, the department who handles our Title I loans states that it is that statement exempts them from also providing the list.

#2211608 - 04/19/19 01:41 PM Re: FHA Title I Loans - RESPA Homeownership List Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Not sure what to say, but an FHA loan is not exempt from any disclosure or other requirements found in RESPA, except the transfer of servicing requirements when the loan is assigned to the FHA.

#2211612 - 04/19/19 01:49 PM Re: FHA Title I Loans - RESPA Homeownership List Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's where I stood, but thank you for increasing my confidence in addressing this issue.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale