Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2213565 - 05/14/19 07:43 PM Credit Report trade "Affected by Natural Disaster"
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
For trades that are listed as "Affected by Natural/Declared Disaster" that are included on an applicant's credit report....borrower indicate he does not have to repay these. Is this true?? The trades are both "charge" accounts with balances and payment amounts listed. And one trade shows a last active date from the month prior to the credit report being pulled.

Return to Top
#2213568 - 05/14/19 08:07 PM Re: Credit Report trade "Affected by Natural Disaster" TeamComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
If that was the case, then about 500,000 people would have gotten free loans in Texas after Hurricane Harvey. A creditor has the option to report such loans if they have made arrangements to defer payments. The consumer does not get a free loan. Refer to question #58 in the CREDIT REPORTING RESOURCE GUIDE.

Return to Top
#2213570 - 05/14/19 08:27 PM Re: Credit Report trade "Affected by Natural Disaster" rlcarey
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
Ok, I appreciate your response. I had a hard time believing that myself. Where can I locate the CREDIT REPORTING RESOURCE GUIDE you make reference to?

Return to Top
#2213577 - 05/14/19 08:50 PM Re: Credit Report trade "Affected by Natural Disaster" TeamComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Contact your credit bureau representative to which you report. It is also sometimes referred to as the Metro 2 Guide.

Return to Top