Thread Options
#2213688 - 05/15/19 06:25 PM Legal Notices
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Not sure this is in the right forum but I need help regarding freezes, levies, etc.
I know the bank has 20 days to respond to a legal notice but anyone know what the fines are for not responding to the legal notice? Maybe point me in the right direction to find the legalities? I searched Texas Comptroller's website but that was not helpful.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2213696 - 05/15/19 06:36 PM Re: Legal Notices Carly Girl
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Texas Tax Code - TAX § 111.021. Notice to Holders of and Levy Upon Assets Belonging to Delinquent

(f) A person who has received a notice under this section and who violates Subdivision (2) of Subsection (d) of this section is liable to the state for the amount of indebtedness of the person with respect to whose obligation the notice was given to the extent of the value of the asset or debt transferred or disposed of.

(f-1) A person who fails or refuses to comply with this section after receiving a notice of freeze or levy is liable for a penalty in an amount equal to 50 percent of the amount sought to be frozen or levied.  This penalty is in addition to the liability imposed under Subsection (f).  The penalty may be assessed and collected by the comptroller using any remedy available to collect other amounts under this title.

Return to Top
#2213698 - 05/15/19 06:41 PM Re: Legal Notices Carly Girl
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Thank you Randy! I knew you would know.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett