Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2214046 - 05/20/19 09:20 PM UDAAP
EuphegeniaDoubtfire Offline
Hello,
I'm needing to do an audit on UDAAP and I'm not sure where to even start. What are some of the most common areas with UDAAP concerns? I've read through CFPB Consumer Laws and Regulations but I am not grasping it very well. I was thinking of looking at our online banking system, review of complaints, and our website. I'm not sure what else to look at in more depth as this seems to be a subject that can pertain to almost every aspect of the bank. Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated. Would looking at the Risk Assessment be an effective way of deciding on topics as well?
Thank you,

Return to Top
Audit
#2214059 - 05/20/19 10:21 PM Re: UDAAP EuphegeniaDoubtfire
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#2214067 - 05/21/19 12:58 PM Re: UDAAP EuphegeniaDoubtfire
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
When we prepare our UDAAP scope we look at a few different sources to determine our scope.

CFPB's Supervisory Highlights
Our own UDAAP risk assessment
Industry enforcement trends
Prior reviews which returned significant findings
Prior examinations where weaknesses were identified
Other areas of the Bank which may not receive detailed attention during routine Compliance reviews

As you said, UDAAP touches everything from marketing, to development of products, to rollout; from the teller line to Executive Management. Its potential exists ubiquitously throughout the Bank, so any area you feel you may need to review is likely the right area to review. Best of luck!

Return to Top
#2214097 - 05/21/19 06:09 PM Re: UDAAP EuphegeniaDoubtfire
EuphegeniaDoubtfire Offline
Thank you both for the resources and ideas, this one should be fun! wink

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z