Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2214693 - 05/31/19 03:51 PM Can a bank employee carry a customer's SDB ...
SmallBank2 Offline
SmallBank2
… for them to the viewing room? The state statute is vague and doesn't appear to address it so I'm unable to reference it to deny the request. We have a couple customer's that have entreated some of our newer tellers to carry their oversized, stuffed to the brim, extra heavy boxes into the viewing room for them. They have even tried to use the vault cart to move the boxes (which one teller fell for - LUCKILY it did not have any files on the lower shelves at the time but it normally would). The lead teller and our customer service staff has consistently refused both from a protocol to preserve the security of the box and save the potential work comp claim on their backs/toes (they are really heavy and are near the floor). I am looking for something solid to reference to deny the requests every time. If the boxes are that heavy, they need to bring someone else with them to move them. My position is under no circumstance should a bank employee touch a customer's SDB. Thoughts or insight? Thanks!

Return to Top
#2214704 - 05/31/19 04:41 PM Re: Can a bank employee carry a customer's SDB ... SmallBank2
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Our bank policy is that bank employees do not carry or move the SDB for both security and safety. If a customer has a really heavy box we offer to rent them another box so they can spit the contents between the two. Set the policy and stick with it.

Return to Top