Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2215260 - 06/07/19 05:47 PM Loan Modifications/Renewals - BO
Anonymous
Unregistered

Being in small/intermediate bank, it became clear to me that we may not be monitoring loan modifications for beneficial ownership. With that said, there doesn't appear to be an easy way to track modifications in situations in which a new account number is not created and it went through underwriting/approval. There is no automation software in place and running reports requires someone with exception coding knowledge which we do not have.

Hypothetically, I might be able to pull a report that tracks changes in commitment amounts or term lengths but it will be difficult to find someone with that knowledge. Do any small/manual banks have suggestions on how to track loan modifications that would trigger beneficial ownership? Could I add a statement to the beneficial ownership form that would cover loan modifications/renewals that says the customer would inform the bank of any changes in such an area and be safe?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2215263 - 06/07/19 06:23 PM Re: Loan Modifications/Renewals - BO Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Do modifications not go through some sort of approval process. Your control point might be there.

#2215267 - 06/07/19 07:03 PM Re: Loan Modifications/Renewals - BO Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some modifications go back to underwriting, others are approved by lending managers.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale