Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2215413 - 06/11/19 05:52 PM CD Service - ACFE
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
I have an employee who is on the board of our state's Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. While they do provide education to the general public on occasion, they mostly do workshops with business owners or other business professionals who handle sensitive information. I'm trying to find a way to qualify for CD Service because its a lot of hours, but I'm having a hard time with the purpose "hook". Any ideas?

Return to Top
CRA
#2215417 - 06/11/19 06:01 PM Re: CD Service - ACFE TMatt87
CRA Fan Offline
Are a majority of the businesses that benefit located in LMI areas or distressed/underserved middle-income census tracts?

Or, are they located in some sort of economic development area/district?

Or, do marketing efforts for this service tend to target neighborhoods/geographies such as those mentioned above?

Just a few initial thoughts on how you might be able to make the case...

Return to Top
#2215508 - 06/12/19 01:49 PM Re: CD Service - ACFE TMatt87
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Maybe try technical assistance to primarily small business owners. That way you could avoid trying to prove LMI in the purpose.

Return to Top
#2215557 - 06/12/19 04:30 PM Re: CD Service - ACFE Pale Rider
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Originally Posted By Pale Rider
Maybe try technical assistance to primarily small business owners. That way you could avoid trying to prove LMI in the purpose.

That sounds like the better way to go, but which category would that fall under?

Return to Top
#2215595 - 06/12/19 07:06 PM Re: CD Service - ACFE TMatt87
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
The term "financing small business" is considered broadly and includes technical assistance that readies a business that meets the size eligibility to obtain financing......

this is right out of the CRA Q and A - So technical assistance to primarily small business is economic development.

Return to Top
#2215705 - 06/13/19 07:16 PM Re: CD Service - ACFE TMatt87
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Thanks Pale!

Return to Top