Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2216415 - 06/25/19 06:41 PM CD Donation documentation
COMPL101TX Offline
100 Club
I’m trying to find out what the expectation is for documenting recurring CD donations. We are an ISB examined by the FDIC.

Do you get a letter from each organization for every donation given? Do examiners require you to have a letter from the organization per donation? I know you need to have as much documentation as possible to prove that the donation qualifies for community development and a letter helps provide the mission/purpose and hopefully the percentage of LMI that the organization serves. But in some cases where a donation is given one month and another donation is given in close proximity, requesting a second letter seems unnecessary.

How do you determine when to request a new letter documenting your donation? I haven’t been helping with the community development aspect of CRA for long so any input is appreciated. I haven’t been through an FDIC CRA exam yet either.

Return to Top
CRA
#2216542 - 06/26/19 05:34 PM Re: CD Donation documentation COMPL101TX
Beachbum, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Knee Deep in Regs
I too am new to CRA documentation and our bank has recently reached the ISB status. Any help with documentation suggestions for donations and community investment activities, would be appreciated.

Return to Top
#2216554 - 06/26/19 07:02 PM Re: CD Donation documentation COMPL101TX
mrogersfib Offline
100 Club
Any documentation that qualifies an organization as CD qualified during an exam cycle will be presumed to qualify during that entire exam cycle. Just document the request letter for each installment. Just identify the GL information so they can see that the record isn't a duplicate.

Return to Top