Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2216661 - 06/27/19 07:21 PM TISA & Periodic Statement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Curious if anyone has been cited by a Regulator for the fees disclosed on the TISA (ex: maintenance fee) versus the fee disclosed on the periodic statement? Our statements refer to a maintenance fee in the body (history) of the statement but at the top of the statement (discloses beginning balance+credits-debits-fees=ending balance) and the fee is referred to as a service fee.

We are being told we have a TISA violation.

Thanks in advance!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2216664 - 06/27/19 07:29 PM Re: TISA & Periodic Statement Anonymous
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Unfortunately, yes. Many years ago - and if I remember correctly we also got dinged because it didn't match on the service charge brochure we were providing to customers, so you may want to check that as well. The Examiners really want to see consistency so the customer does not get confused.

#2216683 - 06/27/19 09:57 PM Re: TISA & Periodic Statement Anonymous
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I see this at nearly every new client we pick up. Reg DD is very clear that the wording must be consistent in all places. It's not a "big" violation, but it's a violation. As 80's Lady said, check everywhere you mention fees: website, brochures, TISA disclosures, periodic statements, etc.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale