Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2217172 - 07/08/19 08:05 PM Federal Labor Law Posters
Peridot Offline
100 Club
Rural Minnesota
Our labor law posters vendor is telling us that we need 3 posters (Federal, State, and Federal Contractor) to be compliant. Are you guys posting a Federal Contractor poster?

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2217174 - 07/08/19 08:20 PM Re: Federal Labor Law Posters Peridot
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
I have heard it said before that "Vendors are liars". In this case I believe it holds true. I guess if you are a Federal Contractor then you would need that poster. We have a local job services that sends us the updated posters free of charge.

Return to Top
#2217178 - 07/08/19 08:32 PM Re: Federal Labor Law Posters Peridot
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Is EO 13496 applicable to a bank or other financial institution if it obtains Federal deposit insurance, acts as an issuing and paying agent for U.S. saving bonds and notes, or is a Federal fund depository?

A bank or other financial institution is a covered contractor if it has an arrangement that meets the definition of a “government contract.” In general, OFCCP interprets “government contract” under Executive Order 13496 as it has under Executive Order 11246. Thus, a bank or other financial institution that obtains Federal deposit insurance, acts as an issuing and paying agent for U.S. savings bonds and notes, or is a Federal fund depository is a government contractor for purposes of both EO 11246 and EO 13496. In addition, these entities may be covered contractors if they have any other arrangement that meets the definition of a “government contract” under the regulations. Such entities are subject to EO 13496 to the same extent as are other Federal contractors.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry