Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2218895 - 08/01/19 04:44 AM Broker Cure
Hawk Offline
Is a broker allowed to cure anything?

I was always under the impression that they could not.

If a broker discloses fees and a lender accepts, and later those fees turn out to be hire and a cure is necessary... can it be placed on the broker?

I always thought that if a lender accepts a submission, they and only they are are responsible for that cure.

Thoughts?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2218896 - 08/01/19 11:57 AM Re: Broker Cure Hawk
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Loan Originator compensation may be varied based on: The quality of the loan originator's loan files ( e.g., accuracy and completeness of the loan documentation) submitted to the creditor.

Return to Top
#2218981 - 08/02/19 03:30 AM Re: Broker Cure Hawk
Hawk Offline
What does that mean? If the broker screws up, the lender can dock their pay? lol

Im asking if broker's are allowed to cure fees. If say the appraisal is under disclosed, could the broker cure it. I always thought the lender had to, and that the broker isnt really allowed.
Last edited by Hawk; 08/02/19 03:32 AM.
Return to Top
#2218982 - 08/02/19 11:27 AM Re: Broker Cure Hawk
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You mean them voluntarily curing any deficiency rather than the lender reducing their compensation? I am having a hard time coming up with a reason why it would not be allowed? But if the lender pays the broker and the broker hands money back to the lender for a cure - how is that not reducing their compensation based on a quality issue?

Return to Top