Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2227052 - 12/09/19 09:49 PM Re: 2019-20 Yahoo! College Football Pick’em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
With 90 seconds to go and a 12 point lead, letting the receiver get wide open when your strategy should be to give up everything underneath they want and let the clock run.....that's pretty unforgivable.

Good discussion. smile

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2227053 - 12/09/19 09:52 PM Re: 2019-20 Yahoo! College Football Pick’em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
LSU's two toughest games this year: Alabama and Texas.

The Texas game is getting zero attention by the media (read: ESPN) now. Texas finished mid-division in the Big 12. I think that's pretty telling.

Return to Top
#2227074 - 12/10/19 03:28 PM Re: 2019-20 Yahoo! College Football Pick’em Challenge Dallas Tide
burkemi Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted by Dallas Tide
The biggest difference in the game was we had two turnovers (an unforced fumble on our opening drive and an interception right before the end of the half) and we committed seven (7) penalties.

The unforced fumble on the opening drive gave a huge early game spark to LSU. Bama had moved the ball with very little resistance and without the fumble would have (very likely) ended the drive with a TD. The other errors certainly didn't do anything to help Bama, but that fumble, in that spot, on that drive was the single biggest play of the game, and perhaps the remainder of Bama's season (IMO). I thought it was a fun and competitive game to watch. I have to disagree with you, raitch, I wasn't sure the game was settled until the clock read 0:00. LSU did seem to have a general sense of control, but I never thought it was on lock-down.

All that said, y'all keep squabbling over top tier teams. I'll just be over here happily watching my 7-5 Wildcats in the Belk Bowl.

Return to Top
#2227075 - 12/10/19 03:35 PM Re: 2019-20 Yahoo! College Football Pick’em Challenge Dallas Tide
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
The course of the game i saw was this.....LSU would have a 2 score lead. Bama would cut it to one score. LSU would immediately get it back to 2 scores. Bama cuts it to one score. LSU immediately back to 2 scores. LSU coaches and DB's go brain dead with 90 seconds left and lets Bama connect on an 80 yard bomb to cut it back to one score. LSU recovers kick and the game is over.

The final score was what the final score was. In my eyes, it was one of those games that wasn't as close as the score indicated. We all see games the way we see them.

And as a postscript, if that game had been played in the Big 12, the cries of "no defense!" would have been deafening.

Return to Top
#2227216 - 12/11/19 07:54 PM Re: 2019-20 Yahoo! College Football Pick’em Challe raitchjay
Dallas Tide Offline
100 Club
Dallas Tide
Dallas, TX
Originally Posted by raitchjay
With 90 seconds to go and a 12 point lead, letting the receiver get wide open when your strategy should be to give up everything underneath they want and let the clock run.....that's pretty unforgivable.

Good discussion. smile

Agreed.
Last edited by Dallas Tide; 12/11/19 08:02 PM.

Return to Top
#2227217 - 12/11/19 07:59 PM Re: 2019-20 Yahoo! College Football Pick’em Challenge raitchjay
Dallas Tide Offline
100 Club
Dallas Tide
Dallas, TX
Originally Posted by raitchjay
if that game had been played in the Big 12, the cries of "no defense!" would have been deafening.

laugh laugh laugh

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2