Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2221801 - 09/18/19 01:41 PM Rental Property - Consumer Purpose
jlroberts Offline
Diamond Poster
jlroberts
Ohio
I am doing file reviews and found two loans that I think should have been subject to REGZ.

Purpose - Pay off personal credit cards
Security - Rental Property. Refinancing current loan on the rental and paying off personal credit cards.

Purpose - Purchase Second Home in another state
Security - Rental Property that they own free and clear.

I'm thinking that since these loans are for a consumer purpose, they are subject to REGZ and we needed to use the LE and CD instead of a GFE and HUD1A. If this is correct, can someone tell me where I can find it in a Reg before I bring it to the attention of the lending manager. I think I'm clear on the Second Home one because they will most likely be occupying the property more than 14 days a year, but not sure about the other since it's a dual purpose.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2221804 - 09/18/19 01:48 PM Re: Rental Property - Consumer Purpose jlroberts
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
#1 - you added a purpose in the security section of your statement. How much was refinance of the rental property and how much went to personal credit cards?

#2 - Second home non-rental property is personal purpose regardless of the 14 day rule.

Return to Top
#2221807 - 09/18/19 01:58 PM Re: Rental Property - Consumer Purpose jlroberts
jlroberts Offline
Diamond Poster
jlroberts
Ohio
#1 - Payoff was 74K and 8K in credit cards.

#2 - I was thinking about the 14 day rule incase the lender came back and tried to say it was really a rental because they are going to rent out when they are not there.

Return to Top
#2221846 - 09/18/19 04:54 PM Re: Rental Property - Consumer Purpose jlroberts
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Primary purpose of #1 is still commercial

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top