Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#222250 - 08/02/04 04:20 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

We were recently moving some old furniture and we came across an old stereo. It has a record player, an 8-track and the AM/FM receiver in it. It is a piece of furniture being about 4.5 ft long and 2 ft wide. Inside was ...Seals and Crofts.

I always wondered what happened to those guys...

LOL I assumed he was talking about an album by them, but the furniture sounds big enough to hold them too...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#222251 - 08/02/04 04:22 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

The locals still have supper here. Dinner (pronounced Dinnah) is for the NYers that summer here.

Dinner here in the midwest is an occassion - you go to grandma's for dinner on Sunday, or out to dinner with friends on Friday night. Supper, meanwhile, is an evening meal, and lunch a mid-day meal, unless they are "dinner".

Return to Top
#222252 - 08/02/04 04:44 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
I disagree with you on that one. It seems in Wisconsin and Michigan they call it soda. In Illinois, we call it pop.

Return to Top
#222253 - 08/02/04 07:44 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
Bank on it Offline
100 Club
Bank on it
New York
Quote:

I still call the microwave a "radar range"

I never knew this was wrong until I got married 8 years ago! My husband thought I was crazy. I guess he never had Amana appliances.

Return to Top
#222254 - 08/02/04 08:12 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
My daughter spent some time in Whitefish MT. Beautiful place but basically you have the folks that live and work there full time. They live pretty modestly. Then there are the folks with the huge 2nd homes. Needless to say they are very wealthy. Daughter was baby-sitting the kids for some of these folks. They were going to drive down to the lake to cool off one hot summer afternoon. The kids jumped into my daughters 1997 Toyota Tercel. They began to complain about how hot they were. Daughter tells them to "roll down the window". They look all over the place and can't figure it out. Daughter finally shows thme how to use the crank to roll down the window.

Return to Top
#222255 - 08/02/04 08:31 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I was at a park with my niece and nephew this summer. My nephew wanted to get something out of my car. Instead of giving him the keyless entry I gave him the actual key to unlock the door. He takes off for the car and after about five steps comes back and asks me if the key will really open the door (he's 13)!! Laughed so hard I almost had an accident!

Return to Top
#222256 - 08/02/04 08:48 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
carrieb Offline
100 Club
Minneapolis
Quote:

I disagree with you on that one. It seems in Wisconsin and Michigan they call it soda. In Illinois, we call it pop.

I disagree with you
I grew up on the border of Upper Michigan and Wisconsin and EVERYONE up there says "pop." I personally hate it so I try to say soda.

Return to Top
#222257 - 08/02/04 10:36 PM Re: Most are too young to remember.
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I call it soda but most of the people around this area (KC) call it Pop. I first started drinking it in NJ so I thought that is where I learned what to call it.

I was shopping once with a friend form PA and I asked for a bag. She could figure out what I was asking for (she said a bag is a purse and I wanted a sack)

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2