Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2223150 - 10/07/19 02:20 PM Cash App - Debit converted to ACH
Valley girl Offline
Gold Star
TX
I have a member that tried to send $300 to her daughter's account at another institution. She set the transaction up with her debit card. Her daughter never received the money. She contacted Cash App who tried to reverse the payment, but was unsuccessful (I imagine the funds were gone). Cash App sent another email to our member and stated the funds were successfully delivered to "her" account ending in 123 on 9/24/19. Cash App provided a document to give to the "ACH department at the bank."

Since the transfer from our institution was not an ACH transaction, I don't believe we have any liability. I believe the documentation Cash App provided is for the daughter to dispute on her end. Am I correct? I'm asking because I believe our member probably keyed the wrong account information and unfortunately another account with whatever numbers she mis-keyed exists.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2223236 - 10/07/19 09:59 PM Re: Cash App - Debit converted to ACH Valley girl
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Sound like it was authorized to me. The fact that she sent it to the wrong person, well no one is going to cover that loss. Her only hope would be with Cash App and it sounds like they have already tried.

Return to Top
#2223427 - 10/09/19 04:57 PM Re: Cash App - Debit converted to ACH Valley girl
Valley girl Offline
Gold Star
TX
Thank you rlcarey!

Return to Top
#2223428 - 10/09/19 05:03 PM Re: Cash App - Debit converted to ACH Valley girl
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I know when my former employer was looking at the information for (insert product name here) to implement person to person transfers, the agreement stated that if the consumer 'accidentally' entered the incorrect information the liability was theirs - not the bank's or anyone else.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett