Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2224448 - 10/25/19 05:52 PM Internet application; One GMI field Not Completed
NoJustNo Offline
100 Club
Midwest
If you have an application that was submitted electronically and you do not see the customer before closing... how do you handle if one demographic field (ethnicity) was not completed and the "I do not wish to provide" box was NOT checked? I've found the following from Appendix B, but it doesn't seem to address the issue:

3. If you accept an application through electronic media with a video component, you must treat the application as taken in person. If you accept an application through electronic media without a video component (for example, facsimile), you must treat the application as accepted by mail.

11. If the applicant declines to answer these questions by checking the “I do not wish to provide this information” box on an application that is taken by mail or on the internet, or declines to provide this information by stating orally that he or she does not wish to provide this information on an application that is taken by telephone, you must report “information not provided by applicant in mail, internet, or telephone application.”

13. When an applicant provides the requested information for some but not all fields, you report the information that was provided by the applicant, whether partial or complete. If an applicant provides partial or complete information on ethnicity, race, and sex and also checks the “I do not wish to provide this information” box on an application that is taken by mail or on the internet, or makes that selection when applying by telephone, you must report the information on ethnicity, race, and sex that was provided by the applicant.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2224450 - 10/25/19 05:57 PM Re: Internet application; One GMI field Not Completed NoJustNo
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
how do you handle if one demographic field (ethnicity) was not completed and the "I do not wish to provide" box was NOT checked?

Information not provided by applicant.

Return to Top
#2224463 - 10/25/19 06:18 PM Re: Internet application; One GMI field Not Completed NoJustNo
NoJustNo Offline
100 Club
Midwest
Thanks! I figured I was overthinking!

Return to Top