Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2225423 - 11/11/19 10:57 PM Flat Fee
CSB98 Offline
Diamond Poster
Wisconsin
We have a newer mortgage manager on staff that comes from the broker world. He would like to change how we charge fees and instead of listing every fee out that we would be charged, we would just charge a flat fee that would cover the smaller amounts (credit report,flood determination, tax service fee and a few others) and charge the actual costs for the appraisal, title, and any LLPAs.

Are we okay to do this? I think doing it this way we're basically saying that the smaller items are lender paid.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2225424 - 11/11/19 11:06 PM Re: Flat Fee CSB98
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You can charge a flat origination fee to cover those costs, but that does not exempt you from disclosing the individual closing fees and the payees paid by the lender on the CD.

Return to Top
#2225826 - 11/18/19 10:36 PM Re: Flat Fee CSB98
Hawk Offline
It depends on how you list this particular fee

As a lender we would include the tax service fee and flood cert in our $995 lender underwriting fee. If these fees were shown on the LE, we'd remove them because we paid it. If you came up with an underwriting fee that took these fees into consideration, you could do it that way.

But you wouldn't be able to just charge a "Flat Fee" in Section B or C for a lump sum of these fees.

Return to Top
#2225847 - 11/19/19 03:36 PM Re: Flat Fee rlcarey
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted by rlcarey
You can charge a flat origination fee to cover those costs, but that does not exempt you from disclosing the individual closing fees and the payees paid by the lender on the CD.

How would this work, Randy?
If I list individual fees as POL on the CD that were just shown as an origination fee in Section A on the LE, I'm going to get all kinds of cures because the system will look at them as new fees.

Return to Top
#2225853 - 11/19/19 04:19 PM Re: Flat Fee CSB98
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why would your system cure a fee that is being shown as paid by the lender??

Return to Top