BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2227483 - 12/16/19 07:37 PM CRA- First-time Home-buyer Clinic
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Hi Kids,

Management wants me to find out if we can count a first-time home-buyer clinic for CRA. I've gone through the Q&A and have determined that unless I can qualify the participants or target audience as LMI, the answer would on it's face be a "no".

Prove me wrong?

Any ideas on how I could document a target audience that would work for CRA? We are trying to set up ad metrics on FB for a targeted ad, but that's not working real well.

Help me help them.

CRCM

Return to Top
CRA
#2227498 - 12/16/19 09:05 PM Re: CRA- First-time Home-buyer Clinic Norman Paperman
Lori01 Offline
100 Club
VT
Be very careful about ad metrics on FB when it comes to home loans.....your CRA auditor might not care but your fair lending auditor will have an aneurysm. (most fun I ever had during an exam was watching a 20-something trainee try to explain FB to a 50 something auditor)

Return to Top
#2227504 - 12/16/19 09:45 PM Re: CRA- First-time Home-buyer Clinic Norman Paperman
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
I am the auditor. What would be the issue with the FB metrics? We were going to try and set an income level that matched our LMI levels in the area. We have found out that that's not an option.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2227514 - 12/17/19 01:09 PM Re: CRA- First-time Home-buyer Clinic Norman Paperman
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
FB has been in a world of hurt for targeted lending ads....partly because even if you establish your audience legally, FB then further filters who gets to see your ad. FB is pulling back on how you can adjust and how they can adjust. I don't agree with all of the issues stated because even in non FB advertising you do not have to reach every potential customer in every ad, just present to all over your series of ads. But the part about FB controlling who gets to see ads, and preventing certain people from seeing them, is problematic. They (FB) should have learned the rules before allowing financial institution advertising and putting their algorithms to work.

Ignoring FB, how are you promoting the clinic? To what groups, through what ads (again ignoring FB?) Can you show that the content and marketing would be geared to LMI? What tract income areas are you focusing on? It is usually not too hard to get credit for first time home buyer training.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2227633 - 12/18/19 02:19 PM Re: CRA- First-time Home-buyer Clinic Norman Paperman
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#2227720 - 12/18/19 08:45 PM Re: CRA- First-time Home-buyer Clinic Norman Paperman
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
One of the good things under the CRA NPR is that financial literacy would count for all audiences.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top