Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2229135 - 01/15/20 09:03 PM Changes In GA Filing Fees For Loans On The Books
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
How are you handling the increase in filing fees for loans that are already in your portfolio when the amount collected years ago may have been half of what they have increased to? For instance, when filing a satisfaction are you including the increased amount in the payoff or just eating that increase?

Return to Top
#2229163 - 01/15/20 11:49 PM Re: Changes In GA Filing Fees For Loans On The Books 80's Lady
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What do your loan agreements say about charging them this additional fee? So you collect a fee for release at closing on your loans. The reconciliation of that account has to be a nightmare.

Return to Top
#2229184 - 01/16/20 03:29 PM Re: Changes In GA Filing Fees For Loans On The Books 80's Lady
80's Lady Offline
Gold Star
Yes, we do collect a fee at the time of closing. All banks I have worked for do this. I will check our loan agreements. Thank you!

Return to Top
#2230139 - 02/03/20 07:32 PM Re: Changes In GA Filing Fees For Loans On The Books 80's Lady
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We do not. I don't want that headache Randy mentions. We currently consider it in our fee as expected overhead/expenses. If the fee changes, it's just a 'cost of doing business'. We re-analyzed our fees when we were notified of this change and increased them accordingly.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top