Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2229318 - 01/17/20 06:39 PM New Branch Promotions
LostinRegLand Offline
100 Club
WA
We are opening our first new branch in 20+ years and management would like to offer some promotions to highlight the new branch.

This is all new to me on these type of promotions so please provide me any area I should be looking at or concerns I should be thinking about.

Promotion 1-Waive the appraisal fee for all new mortgage loan applications taken at any of our branches during a set time period following the opening of the new branch. Management had discussed only offering this at the new branch but they were concerned with risk within Fair Lending and decided it may be better to offer it bank wide.

Promotion 2-Send a targeted mailing to residences a set radius around the new branch. We have not done any mailing type of marketing in the past and while I do not see any issues with my limited knowledge on direct mailings i do want to make sure I am not overlooking any thing.

Promotion 3- A coupon to waiver the appraisal fee for a new mortgage loan application started at any of our branches within the next 12 months. The coupon will only be offered during the grand opening celebration at that branch. The coupon will be available to anyone customer and non customer. They would just need to stop by to receive the coupon.

All of this is just in the idea phase right now so I do not have concrete plans to review. My management just wants to make sure that they comply with any rules and are fairly offering the promotions.

I would still consider myself green on the marketing side as until a year ago we really didn't market. Lots to learn.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2229320 - 01/17/20 06:53 PM Re: New Branch Promotions LostinRegLand
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Nothing gives me too much heartburn so far.

Return to Top
#2229321 - 01/17/20 07:10 PM Re: New Branch Promotions LostinRegLand
LostinRegLand Offline
100 Club
WA
That is what I told the CEO when she brought this to me but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something and leading her astray.

Thanks for taking a look Randy.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker