Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2229454 - 01/22/20 10:02 PM HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers
Need2know Offline
Where can I find a sample "combo" SCRA / HUD notice?

Is there a separate template or model form with content requirements for a "combined" SCRA/HUD Counseling Notice to delinquent borrowers whom we know are in the military?

I was able to find the latest SCRA Notice that expires in 2021 and the Regulation provides "content" requirements for the HUD Notice but, wanting to confirm if there is a template for the "combo" document?

If not, are we required to "add" the contents of the HUD Notice to the SCRA Notice?

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#2229471 - 01/23/20 01:58 PM Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers Need2know
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
These are two totally separate notice requirements. I am not aware of any combined model or template. The SCRA Notice is an OMB approved form and the modification of such forms usually are not allowed. I have never specifically researched the SCRA notice.

Return to Top
#2229476 - 01/23/20 02:38 PM Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers Need2know
Need2know Offline
Ok, thank you. I am aware that the HUD Counseling Notice for delinquent borrowers and the SCRA are 2 completely different notices, I was just wanting to confirm if there was ever a combined model or template that lenders could use if we "know" the borrower is military.

Thank you so much for confirming!

Return to Top
#2229480 - 01/23/20 03:11 PM Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers Need2know
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
How would you know? Every bank I know sends a combined notice to every delinquent borrower. Even if they were not in the military when the loan closed - that status can change at any time and you would never know.

Return to Top
#2230520 - 02/07/20 06:10 PM Re: HUD Counseling Notice -Delinquent Borrowers Need2know
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
^^^ Absolutely correct. Your delinquent borrower enlists and hopes a signing bonus or regular paycheck will help he and his family keep the house. You've no idea this person reported for duty yesterday.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z