Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2229584 - 01/24/20 03:19 PM Commercial HMDA Secured by Multiple Properties
whitney0089 Offline
New Poster
When we have a commercial loan that is for the purchase/refinance of multiple properties and we take them all as collateral, what do we use to calculate the number of units and the property value fields?

I had been using the taking the total number of units from ALL of the collateral properties involved and totaling the appraisals for ALL of the properties for these fields but compliance has questioned us and feels that we should only be reporting the units and property value for the whatever would be considered the MAIN piece of collateral.

Which way would be correct?

And if we're to only use the information on the main piece of collateral how should we determine which piece that is if the lender says they took them all equally? Choose the one with the highest value?

Thanks!

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2229587 - 01/24/20 03:31 PM Re: Commercial HMDA Secured by Multiple Properties whitney0089
Melissa S Offline
Gold Star
Melissa S
Maine
Hi Whitney. follow this link to the guidance on reporting total units

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/policy-compliance/rulemaking/regulations/1003/4/#a-31

The number of units reported is the TOTAL number of units collateralizing the loans

The same goes for the value. It is the value of all the property collateralizing the loan, not just the value of the property address you choose to report.

Follow this link to what I use as my "bible" in completing HMDA. It contains what to enter into each reportable item, AND provides the regulatory reference for further explanation!

https://files.consumerfinance.gov/f...orting-overview-reference-chart-2019.pdf

Return to Top
#2229600 - 01/24/20 04:39 PM Re: Commercial HMDA Secured by Multiple Properties Melissa S
whitney0089 Offline
New Poster
Thanks so much Melissa! :-)

Return to Top
#2230477 - 02/07/20 04:12 PM Re: Commercial HMDA Secured by Multiple Properties whitney0089
Jhampton Offline
New Poster
Question regarding multiple properties:
2 loans made at one time. First loan is c/o refi of primary residence for construction funds of an investment property. 2nd loan made is in the amount of $194500: $145,000 is for the purchase of land, which is securing the loan. In addition the loan will also be secured by a 2nd DOT on their PR, in the amount of $49,500.
Is the second loan HMDA reportable? If so, in what respect?
Thank you in advance

Return to Top
#2230513 - 02/07/20 05:57 PM Re: Commercial HMDA Secured by Multiple Properties Jhampton
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Please do not double post your questions.

Duplicate post

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM