Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2229704 - 01/27/20 09:04 PM Help needed - ID Theft, Large w/d and CTR
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
What advice would you have for this office?

We had an unfortunate situation happen. A customer’s purse/DL was stolen. The Fraudster used her information to withdraw cash from our bank. The amount totaled over the CTR threshold. The transactions are fraudulent. How do I complete a CTR?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2229706 - 01/27/20 09:11 PM Re: Help needed - ID Theft, Large w/d and CTR BBoyd
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Since you do not know the identity of the fraudster, you have a lot of "unknown" boxes to check in Part I. You do not put your customer's information on the CTR since they did not conduct the transaction and it was not done on their behalf.

Return to Top
#2229714 - 01/27/20 10:39 PM Re: Help needed - ID Theft, Large w/d and CTR BBoyd
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Make sure you document what happened somewhere because in a year or three an examiner might ask about this CTR and after that much time has passed it sure can be hard to recall what happened.

Return to Top
#2229715 - 01/27/20 10:44 PM Re: Help needed - ID Theft, Large w/d and CTR BBoyd
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Thank you both!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z