Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2230265 - 02/05/20 02:03 PM Conspicuous Font Sizes
M&M Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Our Marketing director is asking for standards on acceptable, conspicuous font sizes on various sizes of marketing collateral (buckslip, flyer, poster, billboard, etc.). I've been involved in reviewing marketing collateral for over 15 years, and I have yet to find anything that establishes standards around this (other than Reg Z for credit cards). In previous roles at other banks, this is something that we were able to get to over time, through trial and error. Unfortunately, I don't have that information from my previous roles. Does anyone have this that they may have documented from experience? Is there something that may have been published that addresses this?

Return to Top
Marketing
#2230267 - 02/05/20 02:16 PM Re: Conspicuous Font Sizes M&M
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am not aware of any standards. Much would depend on exactly what needs to be more conspicuous and what the remainder of the ad looks like.

Return to Top
#2230280 - 02/05/20 03:32 PM Re: Conspicuous Font Sizes M&M
M&M Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Thanks Randy. I totally agree. But they're pressing me on giving them specific font sizes for disclosures based on the size of the collateral, and I can't tell them a definitive font size that is big enough and deemed conspicuous.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker