Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2230921 - 02/12/20 09:21 PM Online Banking Agreement and Reg. E
TeamComply Offline
Platinum Poster
Is there a regulatory requirement to include Reg. E items (such as error resolution, liability, etc.) into the Bank's Online Banking agreement?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2230926 - 02/12/20 09:46 PM Re: Online Banking Agreement and Reg. E TeamComply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Depends on whether your on-line banking services provides new EFT services and whether that is in close proximity to the last set of Reg E disclosures they received..

Official Interpretation

7(a) Timing of Disclosures

1. Early disclosures. Disclosures given by a financial institution earlier than the regulation requires (for example, when the consumer opens a checking account) need not be repeated when the consumer later enters into an agreement with a third party to initiate preauthorized transfers to or from the consumer's account, unless the terms and conditions differ from those that the institution previously disclosed. This interpretation also applies to any notice provided about one-time EFTs from a consumer's account initiated using information from the consumer's check. On the other hand, if an agreement for EFT services to be provided by an account- holding institution is directly between the consumer and the account-holding institution, disclosures must be given in close proximity to the event requiring disclosure, for example, when the consumer contracts for a new service.

Return to Top
#2232098 - 02/28/20 10:31 PM Re: Online Banking Agreement and Reg. E TeamComply
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Also, look at (b)(4) - are these new types of transfers that should be included in Reg E such as bill pay?

https://www.bankersonline.com/regulations/12-1005-007
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z