Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#223126 - 08/03/04 07:27 PM How long do you give management???
Anonymous
Unregistered

How long do all you internal auditors give management to respond to an audit report? Just looking for the norm. Thanks!

Return to Top
Audit
#223127 - 08/03/04 07:40 PM Re: How long do you give management???
EdOils Offline
Platinum Poster
EdOils
Louisiana
Depending on the findings and what else is going on in the bank, I give them a week. If they don't respond, I hunt them down and shoot them.

Return to Top
#223128 - 08/03/04 07:43 PM Re: How long do you give management???
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
I will usually provide two weeks for a response.

Return to Top
#223129 - 08/03/04 07:52 PM Re: How long do you give management???
jason Offline
100 Club
Almost Heaven
it depends. but usually 2 weeks. most of the time we dont get a response by then. but when they see their name on the audit committee report stating when a report should have been responded to and that it is still pending usually gets a response. we started doing this a couple of months ago and have noticed more timely responses.

<><

Return to Top
#223130 - 08/03/04 08:07 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
We use 2 weeks from the exit meeting, the due date is bolded on the objectives sheet we provide at the exit meeting. We receive the majority of responses prior to the end of the 2 weeks, there are always a few that don't meet the date and we will usually give those people a few extra days before we start hunting them down.

Return to Top
#223131 - 08/03/04 09:04 PM Re: How long do you give management???
BethF Offline
Sunny San Diego
I've been struggling with this too, and after issuing some very untimely reports, I'm resorting to the 2 weeks also, with the threat that if they don't get the responses to me in that time frame or have a extraordinary reason why they didn't, the report gets issued with a cover letter saying they didn't choose to respond. So far everyone has responded!

Return to Top
#223132 - 08/03/04 09:17 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Dollar Bill Offline
100 Club
Dollar Bill
Midwest
Much like Jason, we usually give two weeks to respond. All items pending are included on my Audit Action Item List, which is covered in each monthly meeting and includes what the recommendation was and the executive officer who is responsible for providing corrective actions.

Return to Top
#223133 - 08/03/04 10:20 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I always used two weeks from the date of the audit draft or it was considered accepted. If they provided no response two weeks after that, there would be follow up, from me, my boss or through the Directors Audit Committee, generally in that order. With a solid relationship built around teamwork, steps 2 and 3 were rare as I would work with them, depending on what was happening and what was a priority. Alienating them is not a wise move, but them again "friendship" isn't in the job description.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#223134 - 08/04/04 01:36 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
We give our bank management 30 days after the close of the audit to submit their written response to the findings and recommendations, per policy approved by the Board of Directors.

Return to Top
#223135 - 08/04/04 01:45 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Red Offline
Gold Star
Red
New England
10 days.

Return to Top
#223136 - 08/04/04 02:49 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Geaux Tigers - PL Offline
100 Club
Geaux Tigers - PL
Texas
Sounds like two weeks is the norm!

Return to Top
#223137 - 08/04/04 03:56 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow...I'm too generous, but initially had management complain so we worked this system out...The Audits must be finalized and the exit interview must take place at least 3 weeks prior to when the audit committee packet is mailed. Depending on when the audit is finalized management may have anywhere from 3 weeks - 3 months to respond. Audit Committee meets quarterly.

Return to Top
#223138 - 08/04/04 04:55 PM Re: How long do you give management???
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
We have the exit meeting, issue the draft. They have a few days to look over the draft and then we issue the final. They have 2 weeks from the date the final report is issued to respond.

Return to Top
#223139 - 08/05/04 09:52 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Two Weeks - Then I send a friendly reminder. But, in the audit report the response date is noted.

Return to Top
#223140 - 08/27/04 08:34 PM Re: How long do you give management???
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's always been my problem. I like your strategy.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z