Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2231133 - 02/17/20 03:27 PM Encompass No Co-borrower Exemption Error
SmallBank3 Offline
When choosing to utilize the exemption for the credit score for the borrower and there is no co-borrower and exempt field is also chosen for that field, the co-borrower field automatically changes it to a default of "9999." Then upon submission, our mortgage manager gets an error for the co-borrower field telling her that if she is going to take the exemption for the borrower field then they all need to be exempt. I admit HMDA is not a high knowledge area for me yet - is this a software issue? Operator error as in some little box to check was missed?

Is anyone else running in to this error with Encompass software?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2231139 - 02/17/20 09:17 PM Re: Encompass No Co-borrower Exemption Error SmallBank3
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
our mortgage manager gets an error for the co-borrower field telling her that if she is going to take the exemption for the borrower field then they all need to be exempt.

That's true. If you are taking advantage of the exemption, you should never enter anything other than "Exempt" or "1111." Anything else is an entry. Your softwares should not report "9999".

Return to Top
#2231484 - 02/21/20 05:31 PM Re: Encompass No Co-borrower Exemption Error SmallBank3
BoomCat Offline
New Poster
Indiana
OK, just looking for some clarification on the reporting of the credit score - if we have a withdrawn loan, with only one borrower, we are to report the credit score as "8888" for the borrower since the application was withdrawn before a credit decision, and since there was no co-applicant, we would report "9999" in the co-applicant credit score field. Is this correct? We are not subject to any partial exemption under HMDA
Last edited by BoomCat; 02/21/20 06:26 PM.
Return to Top
#2231512 - 02/21/20 10:15 PM Re: Encompass No Co-borrower Exemption Error BoomCat
Carolina Blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Carolina Blue
Lost in a regulatory fog
You would think that would be correct, but according to Validity error 664, if you report an application as withdrawn (or closed for incompleteness), then you report the credit score as 8888 (NA) for applicant and co-applicant even if there is no co-applicant.
Last edited by Carolina Blue; 02/21/20 10:17 PM. Reason: grammer
Return to Top
#2231525 - 02/24/20 02:03 PM Re: Encompass No Co-borrower Exemption Error SmallBank3
BoomCat Offline
New Poster
Indiana
Thank you so much! That one is hard for me to wrap my head around for some reason.

Return to Top