Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2231211 - 02/18/20 07:55 PM Commericial loan and esign
liventhedream Offline
100 Club
Could someone please point me to which section of the eSign regulation that applies to delivery of documents to commercial customers. Loans are not for personal, family or household pusposes.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2231218 - 02/18/20 08:16 PM Re: Commericial loan and esign liventhedream
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
You won't find one. 7001(a) states that an electronic signature is just as binding as a wet signature and 7001 (c) talks about the requirements for obtaining demonstrable consent from consumers. That section does not apply to businesses.

Return to Top
#2231231 - 02/18/20 10:03 PM Re: Commericial loan and esign liventhedream
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Legal recognition of e-docs and digital signatures is universal--both ESIGN and your state's UETA apply across the board. They are like a free license. The benefits of these e-doc/sig laws are universal--there's no difference between consumers and non-consumers. The only difference (as Brian advises) is qualification. For non-consumers, all it takes is a simple agreement. For consumers, there has to be a "test drive" (or "handshake") before the agreement is valid.

Return to Top
#2231544 - 02/24/20 04:58 PM Re: Commericial loan and esign liventhedream
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Richard, let's not forget disclosure requirements. Consumers get more. Commercial accounts should know better.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2231582 - 02/25/20 02:41 AM Re: Commericial loan and esign Andy_Z
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Originally Posted by Andy_Z
disclosures...Consumers get more
Yes, that's true. My "no difference" comment related only to the benefits (Sec. 7001(a))--which are no different for consumers and non-consumers. The OP seems interested only in commercial customers, so none of Sec. 7001(c) applies.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z