Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#2235453 - 04/22/20 05:42 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Florist Gump Offline
New Poster
Free gratitude cards from Hallmark for you to send to those essential workers in your life. Only while supplies last! Hope it's not against the rules to share this link here.

https://greetings.hallmark.com/careenough/

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2235701 - 04/27/20 02:27 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Remote workers around here are getting surveys from their companies about their level of comfort with returning to the office or whether they'd like to continue to work remotely. Now that it's been proven that they can function efficiently remotely, a lot of businesses are considering reducing their brick and mortar footprint and saving all that overhead.

I also heard an interesting analysis of the progression of the Covid response this morning. First there was Triage. Now we're in Transition which will be followed by Transformation, or what the reporter called the New Abnormal.

Return to Top
#2235714 - 04/27/20 03:09 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
We won't necessarily reduce our physical presence, as we still believe in the branch model in our rural areas in particular, but we have been forced to utilize some of the technology that has been available to us, but the older staff has been reluctant to use until now. Now that everyone has a taste of some of the more efficient processes, I hope there's no going back.

Return to Top
#2235755 - 04/27/20 06:49 PM Re: CV Concerns? Truffle Royale
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted by Truffle Royale
Remote workers around here are getting surveys from their companies about their level of comfort with returning to the office or whether they'd like to continue to work remotely. Now that it's been proven that they can function efficiently remotely, a lot of businesses are considering reducing their brick and mortar footprint and saving all that overhead.

I also heard an interesting analysis of the progression of the Covid response this morning. First there was Triage. Now we're in Transition which will be followed by Transformation, or what the reporter called the New Abnormal.

It is nice that your company is willing to listen to the employees. Hopeful they will act based upon what they have learned.

As for the the "analysis of the progression of the Covid" that is just reporter speak and not based upon any scientific facts and even if they can stretch it it would only be locally correct as some areas are still putting out numbers that no one wants. What is happening in Montana (for example) is not what is happening in NY or CA.New cases are popping up every day here.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2235757 - 04/27/20 06:57 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#2235777 - 04/27/20 10:19 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The Triage/Transition/Transformation analysis wasn't meant to have anything to do with numbers or scientific facts, ed.
It was simply an attempt at labeling the stages that people are going through.
Most of the country is coming out of the Triage stage and facing the concerns of phasing back into work and opening business, etc. which the reporter labeled as Transition. Where we end up when the shelter at home orders are all lifted will undoubtedly be a Transformation from what existed before.

Return to Top
#2235785 - 04/27/20 11:22 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
Other than our frontlines, the majority of us are working from home. Fortunately, we have the technology to do it easily. My department got a lot of practice over the winter because we didn't see any point in driving in snow and ice. Last week, we (the business unit directors) were asked to survey our staff and then rate our effectiveness on working remotely, things we've learned, things we'd rather not have learned the hard way, and ultimately if we're dead in the water to working more effectively from home (scale of 1 to 10, please explain). Personally, my life has changed for the better in a remote situation. I still see my team on video, talk to them daily, meetings are normal, and for the love of all that's good and holy? We're starting week 4 of our 5 week safety and soundness exam (includes compliance and BSA and HMDA validation to get a headstart on 2021 CRA). We're remote. The OCC is remote. This is the smoothest exam, so far, of my entire 40+ year career. I feel like we've lost all of the BS meetings that people felt the need to schedule, trimmed it to the important meetings, we've reduced our carbon footprint since most of us have long commutes, my car is currently sitting at 7 weeks per gallon - and I don't want to go back to the office. I want to pick up my personal stuff some Saturday, but beyond that? This is awesome purely from a work standpoint (the rest sucks a lot). I will kick hard about being required to return to the office. We share one ladies room and one men's room with the entire 3rd floor of a 34 story office building. We 'lovingly' refer to the facilities as the truck stop. The breakroom is a little better since it's contained in our office suite (of approximately 50 people). My friends? I don't want to go back...

Return to Top
#2235794 - 04/28/20 01:22 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Triage/Transition/Transformation analysis was developed for Advocacy Discourse in Urban School Reform (it has nothing to do with Covid-19) and is just a lone reporters way to describe what they think is going on with the covid issue based upon no facts or how we as a country is going to move on.It even misses the identification stage. Each state will rely on what the governor is planning to do.
Even worse it minimizes what people are going through.
Keep the reporters out of healthcare.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2235798 - 04/28/20 02:57 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
reporters want everyone to go back so their can be a wave 2 of cases and they can then report what a terrible job the government has done allowing people to go get sick...

Return to Top
#2235803 - 04/28/20 03:17 PM Re: CV Concerns? HappyGilmore
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore
reporters want everyone to go back so their can be a wave 2 of cases and they can then report what a terrible job the government has done allowing people to go get sick...

^^^^^
This, it is so obvious.

Return to Top
#2235806 - 04/28/20 03:21 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
Every time i see "reporters" talking about this issue, what i actually see is medical people warning about easing restrictions too quickly. I guess the "reporters" should muzzle them.

Return to Top
#2235817 - 04/28/20 03:52 PM Re: CV Concerns? edAudit
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Originally Posted by edAudit
Triage/Transition/Transformation analysis was developed for Advocacy Discourse in Urban School Reform (it has nothing to do with Covid-19) and is just a lone reporters way to describe what they think is going on with the covid issue based upon no facts or how we as a country is going to move on.It even misses the identification stage. Each state will rely on what the governor is planning to do.
Even worse it minimizes what people are going through.
Keep the reporters out of healthcare.

While we are at it, let's keep the government out of healthcare too.

Return to Top
#2235821 - 04/28/20 04:08 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
While we are at it, let's keep the government out of healthcare too.

yes

CAMS

Return to Top
#2235847 - 04/28/20 07:09 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Why don't we just all do that herd immuno stuff!

Return to Top
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9