Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2231063 - 02/14/20 04:32 PM So, about Amazon...
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I'm curious to hear your thoughts about this article and the implications. Agree or don't agree with this guy?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...e-amazon-scares-me/ar-BBZY62L?ocid=ientp

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2231250 - 02/19/20 01:43 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I think based upon my experience that Amazons poor customer service would lead to any break up. Keep government out of it,

CAMS

Return to Top
#2231258 - 02/19/20 02:52 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Curious to know what issues you have had. The few times I have had an issue with an order the seller was very responsive.

Return to Top
#2231280 - 02/19/20 05:01 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
one deer Offline
Any where but work
If you don't like Amazon, don't shop with Amazon. Where I am located retail store options are limited and dying out (Hobby Lobby closing soon) (Wal Mart, Dillons, Various Dollar Stores, Farm Supply Stores, JC Penney); I depend on Amazon and Facebook for much of my shopping unless I am in the mood to make a 3 hour round trip to spend my money. I have had only one bad return experience, I purchased a shirt from a seller that turned out to be located in China (if that had been disclosed I would not have made the purchase) I argued my point and did get a partial refund and kept the teeny tiny shirt. I have had zero trouble with reputable sellers and really enjoy my prime membership. Why does somebody always want to fix something that isn't broke (IMHO).

Return to Top
#2231324 - 02/19/20 08:24 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
I love Amazon and I live in a large metro area where I can easily shop for anything. I love how easy the returns are, how easy it is to find what I want (including my cat's favorite wet food which has gotten harder and harder to get at PetSmart), I like Prime Video, Kindle is awesome, Kindle Unlimited is well worth the $9.99/month, the reviews always tell me what I want to know, and I'll admit it's usually the first/last place I go to shop for anything besides food and shoes. It's meeting my needs in a way that no other company can touch at this point. I like Eddie Bauer online because it's easier than driving to it and I know my sizes. The thing about Amazon is that I get what I want at the price I want and I feel like I see the competing brands. I'm looking at power strip towers that have both normal plugs and USB ports because I need one in my office at home. The multiple options, reviews, and price points are far better than I'll find in any retail store. My favorite bad habit is finishing a book in a series and instantly downloading the next book (and starting it to see how the cliffhanger resolves even if it's 2 a.m.). I don't have to go to the bookstore the next weekend and hope I can find the next book. It's queued up and ready to by with one-click. #enablementisawesome

Return to Top
#2231333 - 02/19/20 09:19 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I have never purchased anything on amazon, so it matters not to me what they do...

Return to Top
#2231343 - 02/19/20 10:38 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
I do think Bezos would make a great bond villain ….

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2231344 - 02/19/20 10:38 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
Wonderofitall Offline
100 Club
Wonderofitall
Out West
Don't have a passport so the Amazon is unreachable for me.

Return to Top
#2231361 - 02/20/20 03:35 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
We have PRIME and use Amazon somewhat regularly in spite of my daughter's adamant disgust with the way Amazon workers are treated. As a nurse, the incident with the worker having a heart attack on the floor just after leaving Amazon's health area was of particular horror to her. I think the issue is that it's grown so fast and so big that it can't keep the promises it's made without a cost. And that cost is being paid by Amazon employees. I'm hoping that the new branch opening in our state and ones similar to it help ease the burden we, Amazon consumers, have placed on Amazon workers.

Return to Top
#2231453 - 02/21/20 01:01 AM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Amazon needs to do a better job at removing fake products and fake reviews of products. For example, if you are searching for a high-capacity USB drive or CD card, be very careful. If you see a 256gb or 512gb card for, say, $20, just know it is fake. It is nowhere near that capacity for that cheap. These scammers hack into the directory of the drive and program it to report the high capacity but your files will not save. And fake reviews are all over the place. Sellers can simply scour Amazon for positive reviews and then copy them to their products. You will even see a review for a completely different product.

Return to Top
#2231825 - 02/26/20 09:53 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
We're pretty limited in our shopping options and the WalMart here has gotten horrible between customer service and just not stocking products. It's easier to use Amazon to stock up. I've had ups and downs with Amazon's customer service. Normally, it's not too bad.

Return to Top
#2231831 - 02/26/20 10:20 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
I love Amazon. I have had no problems with customer service or returns and sometimes, I get stuff the next day.

Return to Top
#2231843 - 02/27/20 12:04 AM Re: So, about Amazon... Sunshine Lady
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted by Sunshine Lady
I love Amazon. I have had no problems with customer service or returns and sometimes, I get stuff the next day.

Ditto. I should move my office into the mailroom just for convenience smile

Return to Top
#2231917 - 02/27/20 05:34 PM Re: So, about Amazon... 'Lil Freak!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted by 'Lil Freak!
Originally Posted by Sunshine Lady

Ditto. I should move my office into the mailroom just for convenience smile

Me three!!!!!!

Return to Top
#2232367 - 03/04/20 10:01 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I live about 4 miles from several large distribution warehouses. It's almost gotten to the point of 'push the button and go stand on the porch'. More than once I have ordered before 6am and had my package in hand by 9am.

Return to Top
#2232400 - 03/05/20 03:16 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Can't beat that EEGB!

Return to Top
#2232403 - 03/05/20 03:28 PM Re: So, about Amazon... MB Guy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10