edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2234600 - 04/10/20 04:21 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Even if it is true, it doesn't negate having your groceries in hand and then taking back the tip. Shame on the scum on both sides of the coin. Just shows that trying times bring out the best and the worst in people...much like everyday life used to.

Return to Top
#2234625 - 04/10/20 08:46 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Probably the same people that are hording TP.

Just wondering why the company allows them to change the tip up to 3 days. I have never used the service. It sounds like a bad policy in itself. The tip should be after service is provided like Uber.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2234631 - 04/10/20 09:04 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Florist Gump Offline
New Poster
Essential workers are mandated to wear masks in my county starting today. See excerpt and source below.

My problem is that quality masks are hard to come, and if you are able to find some the prices will be hiked up the wazoo. These masks should be going to the medical professionals anyway. I also believe they have limited usage, even one time use, so it's a bit difficult to stock up on these. There are currently online tutorials circulating on how to make your own masks, but unfortunately I'm not very handy and unsure how effective my Mcgyver'd face covering would be.

Are face coverings of any sort being mandated in your neck of the woods?

"Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is ordering workers at essential businesses to cover their face starting Friday, when they’ll also be able to deny service to customers who don’t wear masks.

Employers will be required to supply essential workers with a mask or reimburse workers for the cost, the mayor said.

The order applies to workers at grocery stores, pharmacies, hotels and restaurants, as well as taxi and ride-share drivers, among others. Those who fail to comply could face a fine or prison time"

From: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-mayor-garcetti-to-give-briefing-on-citys-coronavirus-response/
Last edited by Florist Gump ; 04/10/20 09:08 PM.
Return to Top
#2234640 - 04/10/20 09:56 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
I just saw that Smithfield Food's South Dakota location had 190 cases of COVID-19. I'd hate to be their PR person to try to explain how that happened.

Return to Top
#2234645 - 04/12/20 03:08 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Are face coverings of any sort being mandated in your neck of the woods?

No. That is one of the reasons why NY has the highest number of cases, more "reported" cases than all countries except the US.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2234647 - 04/13/20 01:37 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
CountryBanker Offline
Gold Star
Northern IL
Mandatory face coverings? Not in my area of IL. Mostly those at risk are choosing masks, and I see them on the grocery store employees. First time I saw a homemade plexiglass screen erected between shopper and checkout clerk.

A Chicago TV station has a map of COVID cases by zip code. No reported cases in the vast majority of rural zip codes with cities under 1,200, until you reach a city over 20,000.

There's a local hospital that just set up outside temp 'buildings' over the weekend for something, they've turned the pediatric space inside into the COVID handling area. But even in that city of 25,000, there are only 6 cases reported in that entire county, and 4 are now home and out of quarantine. Guess you have to spend the money and put on the show while you can. Their radio spot said this morning "we might get overflow from other areas." But you have to go 40 miles to find any zip code with over 10 cases.

Return to Top
#2234650 - 04/13/20 01:51 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10

Return to Top
#2234652 - 04/13/20 02:06 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but hospitals and clinics are starting to furlough staff around here. Very few cases and they aren't taking any other medical cases unless it's an emergency.

It does make you wonder if most of what the doctors are really having people do is electives even though they can sound serious. I know my parents were getting pushed for more blood work tests due to age and no other reason.

Return to Top
#2234670 - 04/13/20 04:25 PM Re: CV Concerns? BotV#6
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted by CB#3
I just saw that Smithfield Food's South Dakota location had 190 cases of COVID-19. I'd hate to be their PR person to try to explain how that happened.

isn't south Dakota one of the states that has done no mandatory stay home and social distance? sounds like the response right htere

Return to Top
#2234672 - 04/13/20 04:33 PM Re: CV Concerns? BotV#6
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but hospitals and clinics are starting to furlough staff around here. Very few cases and they aren't taking any other medical cases unless it's an emergency.

It does make you wonder if most of what the doctors are really having people do is electives even though they can sound serious. I know my parents were getting pushed for more blood work tests due to age and no other reason.

WI is setting up two overflow hospitals, one in Milwaukee and one in Madison, hoping they don't have to be used but fearful after primary voting last week.

I'm wondering where hospital staff is getting furloughed and why your parents are getting pushed for more blood work or any at all, CB#3

Return to Top
#2234682 - 04/13/20 05:13 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My niece works in an outpatient surgical center. She said all elective surgeries have been cancelled. They did work one day last week on 'urgent' issues. She was a bit nervous, but said all protocols were used and she felt very safe.

Return to Top
#2234686 - 04/13/20 05:32 PM Re: CV Concerns? Skittles
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted by Skittles
My niece works in an outpatient surgical center. She said all elective surgeries have been cancelled. They did work one day last week on 'urgent' issues. She was a bit nervous, but said all protocols were used and she felt very safe.

Same here, Skittles.

Return to Top
#2234719 - 04/13/20 08:38 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
We've sent out homemade face masks to all of our retail bankers (in 15 states). I haven't heard anything about refusing service to someone with a mask yet. We did it because our retail bankers were expressing fear and a desire for masks. After getting getting my temp checked, answering a few questions, and being handed a mask to get into the building to see my orthopedic surgeon this morning, I don't know how people can stand wearing those things all day. I sort of got used to it after a few minutes, but glad I don't need one at work. I laughed when I saw my reflection - between the mask, my glasses, and a newsboy cap, I looked awesome....

On a slightly worse note - I have a high school friend who is in ICU on a ventilator (think he's at Day 10 or 11 now). He's a hospital RN with obvious chance of exposure, all the COVID symptoms, and has been tested 3 times - all tests have come back negative. They told his wife there's a 30% false negative rate on the tests and they're still assuming that's what this is, although after draining his lungs over the weekend and testing the fluid, he has bacterial pneumonia. I'd have thought it would be viral. Even with a 30% chance of false negative, you'd think 3 tries would get a positive? All I really know is that Bill is in really bad shape and he's too young to die.

One friend had an elective surgery canceled. Another blew his knee in the surf and had it repaired 2 weeks ago. There were 3 of us at the ortho surg this morning when I was there. No clue what the others were there for - I needed to have a cast taken off my wrist which was "necessary" in my world.

Return to Top
#2234720 - 04/13/20 08:38 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
^^^^ Regarding those retail bankers - they work in Walmart. No drive-thru.

Return to Top
#2234740 - 04/14/20 01:14 PM Re: CV Concerns? HappyGilmore
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted by HappyGilmore

isn't south Dakota one of the states that has done no mandatory stay home and social distance? sounds like the response right htere

South Dakota doesn't have mandatory stay at home or social distancing state wide. However, some individual counties have put those measures in place. Even with a stay home order, Smithfield was designated as an essential business, so any stay home order wouldn't have affected them. The plant is now closed until further notice. I agree they probably didn't handle things the way they should have there, but don't lump all of us South Dakotans together. Some of us are smart enough to stay home without the government telling us to...

Return to Top
#2234766 - 04/14/20 04:41 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
no lumping intended, just saying that their response is they followed orders, or lack thereof, form state government. what other response would be required?

Return to Top
#2234801 - 04/14/20 08:42 PM Re: CV Concerns? #12
Inherent_Risk Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted by #12

South Dakota doesn't have mandatory stay at home or social distancing state wide. However, some individual counties have put those measures in place. Even with a stay home order, Smithfield was designated as an essential business, so any stay home order wouldn't have affected them. The plant is now closed until further notice. I agree they probably didn't handle things the way they should have there, but don't lump all of us South Dakotans together. Some of us are smart enough to stay home without the government telling us to...

A stay at home order certainly would have affected them. Essential employees contacts in the community would have been singificantly decreased, and those they came in contact with would have been in contact with significantly fewer people, and so on. Just because an outbreak happens at an essential service doesn't mean it would have happened regardless of better mitigation. That's not how mitigation works. The chances of these things happening are SIGNFICANTLY increased due to inaction at many levels (state/federal/local/corporate/management).

Return to Top
#2234806 - 04/14/20 09:15 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Ok, I should have known just to stay out of the discussion as I usually do. I see what you're saying about the stay at home order. I agree that there should have been a stay at home order issued. As of today, our governor has still not issued one. She just requests that people stay home. A lot of people follow the request, some do not. The town I live in has closed all restaurants, fitness centers, and entertainment places.

Just to update the numbers in case anyone is interested, out of South Dakota's 988 cases, 438 of them are employees of Smithfield, and 107 additional are connected to those Smithfield employees.

Have a good day everyone...stay safe and healthy!

Return to Top
#2234847 - 04/15/20 03:53 PM Re: CV Concerns? #12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Good thing the WWE is essential in FL crazy

CAMS

Return to Top
#2234856 - 04/15/20 04:44 PM Re: CV Concerns? Truffle Royale
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Originally Posted by Truffle Royale

WI is setting up two overflow hospitals, one in Milwaukee and one in Madison, hoping they don't have to be used but fearful after primary voting last week.

I'm wondering where hospital staff is getting furloughed and why your parents are getting pushed for more blood work or any at all, CB#3

Midwestern states. Cases are very few. The larger cities are where the majority of the issues have been. Towns of 20,000 and under really have very few cases of COVID-19, so with no electives, clinics and hospitals are prepped for the pandemic, but there is no work.

Return to Top
#2234858 - 04/15/20 04:56 PM Re: CV Concerns? Inherent_Risk
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Originally Posted by Inherent_Risk
Originally Posted by #12

A stay at home order certainly would have affected them. Essential employees contacts in the community would have been singificantly decreased, and those they came in contact with would have been in contact with significantly fewer people, and so on. Just because an outbreak happens at an essential service doesn't mean it would have happened regardless of better mitigation. That's not how mitigation works. The chances of these things happening are SIGNFICANTLY increased due to inaction at many levels (state/federal/local/corporate/management).

Why is Michigan Top 5 for cases? Strictest stay at home policy. If I read correctly, Michigan doesn't even let people buy non-essential items.

In the case of Smithfield, it would have had very little impact. An essential plant paying bonuses for showing up for work. Multi-generational living situations. The case numbers would be the same.

Return to Top
#2234863 - 04/15/20 05:43 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Inherent_Risk Offline
Platinum Poster
Are you asking why a stay-at-home order issued last week didn't slow the spread prior to its implementation? Testing numbers are going to lag the actual transmission by 1-2 weeks, so the number of cases coming out now are giving you the story of what was happening two weeks ago. The number of deaths for the situation a week or 2 before that.

https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...es-more-coronavirus-cases-than-ohio.html

Return to Top
#2234896 - 04/15/20 08:08 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
As of today in NY are now required to wear masks in public.

I will now lock my car after it is stolen.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2234899 - 04/15/20 08:13 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Remotely, of course.

Return to Top
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9