Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thread Options
#2233017 - 03/16/20 04:11 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Wonderful advice, Truffle!

My husband took a picture from Kroger on Friday of the toilet paper aisle - totally empty. Luckily we have plenty at home for the 2 of us.

Of my department of five, 4 of us are high risk. We may be working from home soon. While I am high risk due to an auto immune disorder, my husband is 67. If I brought something home to him I would never get over that. It's just scary times.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2233027 - 03/16/20 05:35 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
My son who is 33, is diabetic, and on the kidney transplant list, so he is high risk. That scares the bejezus out of me.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2233038 - 03/16/20 06:23 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Folks have been hitting up the big box stores for these supplies. I found toilet paper, paper towels and Emergen-C at Walgreens. Other folks have had success at drugstores and smaller stores as well. So if you're in need - try those first. I haven't found hand sanitizer anywhere.

JWills, I know this scares you. It would scare anyone with high risk family and friends. HUGS!!!

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2233043 - 03/16/20 06:29 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
I was diagnosed with MS around the turn of the year … I was just about to start a drug to help control it, it is an immunosuppressant. So, I'm not starting any drugs yet. I'm hoping to get a different drug approved by the insurance, but that's a hollow hope.

It sucks having your choices being … be sick or be sick differently

"Strip the Flesh, Salt the Wound" - Krieg

Return to Top
#2233046 - 03/16/20 06:44 PM Re: CV Concerns? waldensouth
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Thanks waldensouth!

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2233084 - 03/17/20 01:23 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Distilled water has also been flying of the shelf in NY. CVS and Wallgreens were sold out but I found some at a local small pharmacy.

The CVS stock person at the smallest CVS told me that they received and then sold 80 gallons in a few hours. They are not expecting more for at least a week.

People, this is not a hurricane or flood situation there is no reason to hoard cases of items that will take months to use.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2233085 - 03/17/20 01:29 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
With restaurants, bars, and retail stores closing in various states, people become concerned that grocery stores will be the next. Add the fear of the unknown and now people that can are starting to hoard.

Return to Top
#2233094 - 03/17/20 02:21 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I don't think grocery stores will close, but there may be issues with them getting products as this goes on.

Return to Top
#2233095 - 03/17/20 02:22 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Prayers offered for all of you who are facing health and medical issues at this time.

Return to Top
#2233098 - 03/17/20 02:28 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
My staff informed me some Instagram model is trying to start a lick the toilet coronavirus challenge. I hope social media shuts her accounts down.

Return to Top
#2233100 - 03/17/20 02:37 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
People are just ridiculous. Another reason to dislike social media.

Return to Top
#2233107 - 03/17/20 03:28 PM Re: CV Concerns? Skittles
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted by Skittles
People are just ridiculous. Another reason to dislike social media.

You needed another reason?

Return to Top
#2233127 - 03/17/20 05:17 PM Re: CV Concerns? DoS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted by DoS
I was diagnosed with MS around the turn of the year … I was just about to start a drug to help control it, it is an immunosuppressant. So, I'm not starting any drugs yet. I'm hoping to get a different drug approved by the insurance, but that's a hollow hope.

It sucks having your choices being … be sick or be sick differently

I'm *really* sorry to hear this. MS is a terrible, insidious disease. frown I hope they come up with a workable option for you.

Return to Top
#2233132 - 03/17/20 05:34 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Interesting about the CV and the four ways it would end:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...re-could-end/ar-BB11fkm1?ocid=spartandhp

Return to Top
#2233136 - 03/17/20 06:00 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We have several active cases where I live. We 'may' temporarily close our lobbies...but we were told in no real uncertain terms we were expected to be here. Even if we ARE capable of working remotely, it would never cross their minds that something like that is actually possible.

I found some gloves for the customer contact folks [tellers mainly] today...at Dollar General. Baby wipes too...there are NO [wet] wipes on line, or in major stores...not even any thermometers. It beats all I've ever seen really.

We wont even discuss food.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2233142 - 03/17/20 06:12 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Stay safe Joker.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#2233144 - 03/17/20 06:19 PM Re: CV Concerns? E.E.G.B
DoS Offline
Gold Star
DoS
one state over
Originally Posted by E.E.G.B

I'm *really* sorry to hear this. MS is a terrible, insidious disease. frown I hope they come up with a workable option for you.

Thank you, I apricate that.

Return to Top
#2233148 - 03/17/20 06:31 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Some of the supermarkets here in Massachusetts have started to shorten their hours to give them more time to restock those naked shelves. Stores that have been open from 7 to 11 are opening at 7:30 or 8 and closing at 8 or 9. One of the chains, Stop and Shop is using 7:30 am to 8 pm in most of their stores, and, starting tomorrow, adding 90 minutes of "seniors only" shopping from 6 to 7:30 a.m. They want only us old folk over age 60 to be safe from the hordes of other shoppers. Maybe there will be some toilet paper on the shelves at 6 a.m.? Or Purell? Milk?
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2233152 - 03/17/20 06:46 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Wishful thinking, John!

Return to Top
#2233155 - 03/17/20 07:18 PM Re: CV Concerns? RR Joker
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Originally Posted by RR Joker
Baby wipes too...there are NO [wet] wipes on line, or in major stores...not even any thermometers. It beats all I've ever seen really.

Just an FYI.

Benzalkonium chloride, the active ingredient in Wet Ones, was found to be less effective than ethanol (as in alcohol, the active ingredient in some sanitizers), hydrogen peroxide, or sodium hypochlorite on coronaviruses in an analysis of 22 studies published in February 2020.

And baby wipes are no good as they do not contain alcohol.

Return to Top
#2233193 - 03/18/20 02:05 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I needed baby wipes for babies. Not for sanitizing purposes....but apparently people are really desperate OR afraid of being home with no baby wipes and.....a baby or two.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2233208 - 03/18/20 02:56 PM Re: CV Concerns? DoS
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted by DoS
Originally Posted by E.E.G.B

Thank you, I apricate that.

Thinking of you DoS. Hugs from 6 ft away. I'm older and an ex-35 year smoker with allergies and asthma. Prayers for all of us to get thru this "adventure" mentally (here at work) and physically. It's not going to get any better real soon.

For a laugh - 3 hours into home schooling and 1 is suspended for skipping class and the other one has already been expelled.

Return to Top
#2233224 - 03/18/20 04:42 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
trying_to_comply Offline
100 Club
My wife is fighting this at the coal-face; an RN in Ohio. Please save the politics/opinions for a brighter day and follow guidance from State and local government, it will flatten the curve, prevent health systems being overrun and save lives.

The document linked below is the modelling from the Imperial College London that apparently sparked the change in approach from the UK and US. Incidentally, the lead researcher, Prof. Neil Ferguson, has had to self-isolate after developing symptoms himself.

Be prepared, while the measures may flatten the curve, a statement from Angela Merkel last week was they expect 60-70% of the German population will catch this and its reasonable to assume a similar percentage here.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/im...ege-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Return to Top
#2233225 - 03/18/20 04:46 PM Re: CV Concerns? MB Guy
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Graduate School of Banking at LSU has cancelled the 2020 session, originally scheduled May 24-June 4. They were not in position to move to another school, LSU could not accommodate a later summer schedule, and going online was not something they could facilitate in short order.

Return to Top
#2233237 - 03/18/20 06:07 PM Re: CV Concerns? trying_to_comply
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
[quote=trying_to_comply]My wife is fighting this at the coal-face; an RN in Ohio. Please save the politics/opinions for a brighter day and follow guidance from State and local government, it will flatten the curve, prevent health systems being overrun and save lives.

THIS^^^
I have one daughter that is a RN in a level 1 trauma hospital and my other daughter is a CNA in a nursing home. So needless to say we are worried sick about both of them. Say a prayer for everyone.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9