Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2233824 - 03/27/20 07:21 PM Human Resource Audit
The Auditor Offline
New Poster
Hello All,

I am working on finding some resources (guidance, procedures, checklists) for completing an HR audit which is new to the bank I am at. I have been able to find two checklists from mid-2000s on here and the Department of Labor Employment Law Guide that's one of the ABA tools. I am wondering if anyone had completed an HR audit before and if they are willing to share what resources they used?

Thank you!

Return to Top
Audit
#2233834 - 03/27/20 08:50 PM Re: Human Resource Audit The Auditor
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Auditing HR is a huge task and is usually left to specialized external auditing firms as it encompasses a lot of areas. What are your objectives and what specific risks are you attempting to mitigate?

Return to Top
#2233863 - 03/30/20 01:57 PM Re: Human Resource Audit The Auditor
The Auditor Offline
New Poster
The main objective is ensuring that the bank is compliant with state and federal laws/regulations pertaining to the HR department (ex. FMLA, Fair Labor Standards Act, OSHA, etc.). I think we are trying to mitigate any risks relating to noncompliance with state and federal regulations/laws that could cause harm to employees or fines for the bank.

Return to Top
#2233866 - 03/30/20 02:14 PM Re: Human Resource Audit The Auditor
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
I think when you are going down the path of a regulatory compliance audit, you have a lot of research and planning to do. These areas are not easy to understand and test. Sometimes you need to focus on the operational side of the area such as following our policies and procedures for new hires, employee transfers, terminations and other duties for HR.

Return to Top
#2233937 - 03/30/20 08:49 PM Re: Human Resource Audit The Auditor
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Let us not forget that some local towns/city's can have their own regulations as well (Minimum wage/sick time/signage... )

CAMS

Return to Top
#2234457 - 04/08/20 09:23 PM Re: Human Resource Audit The Auditor
The Auditor Offline
New Poster
Okay thank you everyone for your thoughts. They helped out a lot.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z