Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2235058 - 04/16/20 09:34 PM So, FDIC updated the BSA manual during a pandemic
Anonymous
Unregistered

FDIC has revised its BSA/AML exam manual according to a 4/15/2020 FIL. They claim, of course, that the updates do not represent increased compliance burden or pose significant changes. That said, has anyone had time to review it in-depth, and have you noticed any significant changes?

Reference: FIL 44-2020; attachments include the entire exam manual, plus a 2-page summary of the changes.

This one is interesting. I always thought the BSA/AML Risk Assessment had to be updated annually, but now we see this in the summary:

"The Manual also instructs examiners that there is no requirement for risk assessment updates on a continuous or specified periodic basis, but these updates may occur as necessary to align the risk assessment with a significant change in a bank’s risk profile."

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2235071 - 04/16/20 11:10 PM Re: So, FDIC updated the BSA manual during a pandemic Anonymous
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
yeah - perfect timing.. like... seriously? now is the time to do that? oh hey HMDA got finalized too!!! Perfect timing for us to sit and spend hours reading...

jesus christ....

#2235099 - 04/17/20 03:13 PM Re: So, FDIC updated the BSA manual during a pandemic Anonymous
StevenD Offline
Gold Star
StevenD
KY
The exam manual in the FDIC FIL is the 43 page update. It is NOT the entire manual.

#2235145 - 04/17/20 06:47 PM Re: So, FDIC updated the BSA manual during a pandemic Anonymous
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
I had already had an examiner tell me that an annual BSA risk assessment wasn't required that it should be risk based. That was before this was published.

#2235156 - 04/17/20 07:43 PM Re: So, FDIC updated the BSA manual during a pandemic Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Op here.

Originally Posted by StevenD
The exam manual in the FDIC FIL is the 43 page update. It is NOT the entire manual.

Oh, gee. I hadn't noticed that. Yuck. How do we get this thing into quarantine, fast? We need to stop this before it spreads.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale