Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2236713 - 05/14/20 08:26 PM Debit card app required for replacement card?
SmallBank3 Offline
I am at a new bank and had a concierge ask my opinion on needing to have a signed debit card application every time a replacement card is ordered for a customer. I was surprised because that had never come up as a practice in my three previous banks. Does anyone require a signed debit card app every time they are replacing an existing card? I painted a picture for her of the nightmare it would be for breaches that they need to order 400 cards for … eek

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2236716 - 05/14/20 08:46 PM Re: Debit card app required for replacement card? SmallBank3
TomS Offline
Gold Star
USA
My previous employer required a form to be filled out and signed whenever a customer requested an additional or replacement card. That didn't apply to cards that were being replaced because of a security breach.

Return to Top
#2236968 - 05/19/20 08:17 PM Re: Debit card app required for replacement card? SmallBank3
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Since there's no regulatory requirement for an application for a debit card, there won't be a requirement for an application for a replacement for a debit card. That said, most banks seem to have some form of application for at least the initial card.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top